Local Unit & Position Description
Would you like a career where you can be actively engaged in contributing to the global transition to renewable energy?
Are you interested in taking ownership of technical challenges and managing complex projects in the renewable energy industry?
Then come join our team of highly skilled engineers and consultants who help customers manage their wind and solar measurement campaigns!
DNV - Energy System's Renewables and Power Grids' group is seeking a TPM (Technical Project Manager) to join our Measurements team. As TPM, you will primarily work to deliver quality wind turbine or solar measurements for renewables developers, owners, and operators. You will also support construction crews in installations and maintenance of meteorological stations including met masts, lidars, and solar resource stations. You will gain hands-on experience with data monitoring and wind turbine power measurement equipment. You will perform power performance, acoustic, and wind turbine loads measurements in accordance with IEC 61400. You will work with clients regularly, providing them with quality measurement and maintenance campaigns and building genuine relationships as part of one of the most respected independent consultancies in the world.
This position will ideally be based out of the Seattle, WA or Portland, OR office. Fully remote work could also be considered anywhere in the Continental United States.
What You'll Do
- Managing customer expectations (safety, quality, timeline, budget)
- Organizing and overseeing on-site installation and commissioning of equipment
- Performing and reviewing contractual documents
- Data monitoring, authoring and reviewing technical analyses
- Designing, procuring, and preparing instrumentation suites for measurements
- Authoring and reviewing technical plans and reports
- Overseeing work-at-heights campaigns in a safe manner
- Being tuned-in to clients' requests, able to manage subcontractor schedules and mobilizations, often with last-minute changes
- Consulting on station design, from towers to sensors
- Commitment to safety and to DNV safety procedures
- Customer satisfaction
- Timeliness of deliverables
- Uncovering opportunities to add value
- Balance of the Team's workload
- Growth of Team's competence
- Inspection, verification, and commissioning of measurement systems
- Climbing wind turbines and meteorological masts
- Installation and calibration of measurement systems
- Troubleshooting data acquisition systems and sensors
- Attend and participate in Regional, Department, Section, Lunch & Learn meetings, etc
- Attend and participate in internal and external safety, IT, management trainings, etc
- Business development through lead generation and proposal writing
- Developing tools and processes to continuously improve quality and value of delivery
What is Required
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant engineering, atmospheric science, or mathematics field
- 3 years' consulting experience, or at least 2 years of wind energy consulting, (additional education can be considered in lieu of experience)
- Ability to work extended hours as needed to meet deadlines and business needs
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks, typing, sitting, and interacting with computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) most of the day
- Ability to work in a normal office environment, occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing, and reaching
- Ability to travel (up to 5% of time) to other company office locations, project site locations, client offices, and conferences
- Ability to occasionally work outdoors in harsh conditions including but not limited to climbing stairs and ladders to ascend wind turbines or masts
- Ability to travel by car up to six hours and walking on uneven terrain
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package. We value diversity, equity and inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work each day. Read more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Technical Project Manager required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, DNV provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $75000 - $120000
Please visit our website at www.dnv.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Business Development
- Business Requirements