To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sumterville, FL 33585
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Plant Engineer- Sumterville, FL
CRH Americas Materials • Sumterville, FL
Posted 2 months ago
Job ID: 150969
Suwannee American Cement Company, part of CRH Americas Materials, is the second largest cement supplier in the state of Florida with two world-class cement plants - one located in Branford, FL and the other in Sumterville, FL – as well as an import facility in Port Manatee, FL. Since 2003, we have been manufacturing high-quality cement for the Florida and Southern Georgia construction markets. We are recognized as an industry leader in producing high-quality cement, adopting sustainable practices and reducing the environmental impact of the cement production process. Suwannee American Cement Company has successful, ongoing initiatives focused on quality, the environment and its employees. We value our people – employees, customers, vendors and community members. We strive to offer the best and friendliest customer service and have the commitment, passion and technology to supply the highest quality product. Our core values include a Safe Workplace, Integrity & Trust and the Development of our employees to succeed and grow with the company. We promote a strong safety culture, and have dedicated professionals who are focused on their own safety and the safety of their co-workers.
Coordinates engineering activities related to the implementation of new maintenance processes and the revision of existing maintenance processes, including the assignment and supervision of contractors. Provides engineering assistance as needed throughout the plant. Works with plant personnel working on various projects and performing maintenance activities (including Predictive and Preventative Maintenance) and equipment repair. Uses independent judgment in performing responsibilities. Works under general supervision with standard practices and guidelines. Refers to supervisor with unusual problems or situations. Provides either direct or indirect supervision to maintenance employees as specified by plant management. Reports to the VP of Operational Excellence.
- Works with other plant personnel to plan, survey design, write specifications and obtain contractors for the implementation of new projects as well as the revision of existing ones as needed. Supervises and inspects work of contractors on responsible projects
- Assists plant management in planning and preparing capital expenditure proposals and budgets
- Assists in the purchase of plant equipment where appropriate. Communicates and negotiates with vendors as needed
- Plans and coordinates testing and inspections of plant equipment such as large gearing, kilns, mills and preheater equipment
- Works with Plant Management to coordinate predictive maintenance activities such as oil analysis, vibration analysis, thermo testing, ultrasound inspections and any other necessary testing
- Coordinates efforts to store drawings, new equipment drawings and equipment manuals in a centralized location
- Coordinate Capex projects for Sumterville, Branford and Port Manatee
- Provides mechanical, civil, structural and/or electrical assistance as needed in all areas of the plant
- Assists in permitting applications when needed
- Performs and/or supervises the performance of computer-aided design to prepare designs and drawings of equipment systems and processes associated with plant projects (where applicable)
- Directs and evaluates engineering activities performed by outside engineering firms as needed
- Coordinates with plant department managers in planning major projects and plant shutdown repairs and maintenance activities
- Promotes plant safety and ensures compliance with all applicable safety standards and regulations which includes participating in the Safety Observation Program, participating in MSHA government inspections, participating in departmental safety meetings and any other activities to assist in plant safety
- Learn how to use the plant CMMS to assist with tracking and planning maintenance activities
- Write up Standard Job Plans & Job Safety Analyses on specific jobs that are performed at the plant. These are step by step items that are completed so that jobs are done safely and efficiently. These will be stored so that knowledge on specific jobs can be retained at the plant
- Works with management staff to plan modifications and improvements of plant equipment and structures to improve efficiency when specified by local plant management and the correct process on how to do this according to Company policies
- Coordinates maintenance projects with all departments as needed
- Provides technical assistance to maintenance crew as needed. This may include working off-shift hours, on weekends or holidays or after hours when needed or directed
- Work with the reliability team and assist with the reliability of plant equipment and learn how to conduct a Basic Failure Analysis (BFA) on equipment to discover a root cause and work towards improving the reliability of equipment as needed.
- Prepares various reports as requested
- May fill in other Maintenance Management positions as needed when their personnel are away from the plant
- Must be mobile between all SACC locations – Sumterville, Branford & Port Manatee
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong project management skills (budget, timing), experience in coordinating project teams, manage relation with vendors
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of government regulations such as MSHA as they apply to maintenance projects and repair activities.
- Technical knowledge of maintenance and repair required by cement plant equipment and structures.
- Working knowledge of conveyors, AC/DC motors, fans, hydraulic systems and electrical distribution systems.
- Understands and can use Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Access, CAD and applicable CMMS software.
- Work may require walking over rough and/or slippery surfaces, recurring bending and crouching, working in high places, and lifting moderately heavy items up to 50 pounds.
- Work may require a working schedule on weekends, holidays, off-shift and even stay after shift depending on the circumstances. Not often but, it is a possibility.
- 2 years of experience in related plant engineering positions in a heavy industry (Preferred)
Licenses and Certifications
- Professional Engineer (PE) (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical, structural, civil or electrical engineering preferred. (Required)
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Suwannee American Cement, LLC. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.