To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dublin, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Government Relations Advisor, State Government Relations
Cardinal Health • Dublin, OH
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
The Advisor, Government Relations will:
- Monitor and evaluate proposed state legislation.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with state legislators and their staff.
- Identify public policy issues, assess the impact on Cardinal Health and our stakeholders, and help to develop policy positions.
- Work with Directors of State Government Relations to manage government relations consultants in key states.
- Partner with Government Relations team to plan and staff tours of Cardinal Health facilities for state legislators.
- Prepare memos, leave behind documents, and talking points to update business units and legislators on key issues.
- Coordinate with the SVP and VP of Government Relations to engage with internal business, strategy, and policy leaders.
- Represent Cardinal Health at trade associations (including AdvaMed, HDA, and others).
- Bachelor degree from accredited college or university required.
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience including experience working for a Member of Congress or State Legislator and 2 years of lobbying experience
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.