We'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
The Lewin Group / OptumServe Consulting, a premier national health care and human services consulting and policy analysis firm with 50 years of experience, finds answers and solves problems for leading organizations in the public, non-profit, and private sectors. Lewin / OSC's strategic and analytical services aim to help clients:
- Improve policy and expand knowledge of health care and human service systems
- Enact, run, and evaluate programs to enhance delivery and financing of health care and family services
- Deal with shifts in health care practice, technology, and regulation
- Optimize performance, quality, coverage, and health outcomes
- Create strategies for institutions, communities, associations, foundations, governments, and people to make health care and human services systems more effective
In the wide-ranging field of health and human services consulting, Lewin / OSC provides both depth and breadth of expertise. Our more than 250 consultants drawn from industry, government and academia share a strong commitment to Lewin / OSC’s core values of objectivity, integrity, analytical innovation, vision and dedication to client satisfaction.
Lewin / OSC provides research and consulting services including program planning and development, implementation services, and post-implementation analytics and evaluation to assist the federal government in designing programs that improve the health and well-being of the nation’s citizens.
Senior Consultants direct and manage large projects or a series of smaller projects, ensuring that all projects are conducted with sound methods and techniques. Successful candidates will have significant quantitative or qualitative research experience in the specific content area as well as experience in business development, staff supervision, grant or proposal writing, and program evaluation. Senior Consultants contribute to business development at Lewin/OSC by managing proposal efforts and identifying new business opportunities with existing clients.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Directing and managing projects
- Responsibility for project budget management, deliverables, client relations, and staff supervision
- Contributing to business development
- Managing several direct reports
- Demonstrate advanced quantitative and/or qualitative analysis
- Demonstrate particular experience with Medicaid / Medicare claims data (highly preferred)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master's degree with 5+ years of post-graduate experience or a Ph.D with 3+ years of post-graduate experience
- 3+ years of work experience in health care consulting or health policy research, analysis and/or evaluation
- Expertise in any of the following areas: policy analysis, program evaluation, program integrity, informatics, strategic planning and process improvement
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- 2+ years of experience supervising direct reports
- Experience in specific subject matter/programs such as: systems transformation, value-based purchasing, and/or program implementation
- Knowledge and experience with large healthcare data sets (e.g. Medicare, Medicaid and/or claims)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: consulting, consultant, healthcare, health care, policy, research, analysis, analytics, project management, program evaluation, planning, Falls Church, VA, Virginia, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, OptumConsulting, Medicare, Medicaid, healthcare data sets, claims, CPC+, BPCI, MIPS, MACRA