TowneBank has a culture that:
* Has a commitment to exquisite service for our members that will lead to our ability to create a reasonable rate of return for our shareholders, a bright future for our dedicated bankers, and a leadership role for our bank in promoting the social, cultural, and economic well-being of our community.
* Embraces our hometown banking philosophy, where our family members, directors and employees are active volunteers, serving on numerous boards and donating their time and talents to local organizations.
* Welcomes members to TowneBank, determines the nature of their business and directs them to the appropriate person or department
* Operates the branch's telephone line and assists callers by transferring them to the appropriate party or taking messages from the caller
* Becomes familiar with TowneBank's locations, hours, telephone numbers and individuals so that routine questions can be answered with ease
* Types memos, correspondence, reports and other documents as needed
* Assists the branch or department team with a variety of day-to-day duties as requested
* Assists with copy projects
* Handles monetary transactions for members and enters them in the Bank's software programs and provides receipts
* Follows the Bank's security guidelines on a daily basis
* Stays abreast of the Bank's check cashing policies and procedures and Federal Laws to verify checks and cash and examine documents for essential elements
* Reviews member accounts in order to make appropriate decisions regarding the requested transaction
* Accurately keeps cash drawer in balance on a daily basis
* Promotes TowneBank and its products and services
* Provides exquisite service to members in person, on the phone or by email
* Displays a professional appearance and behavior
* Handles other branch duties as assigned
* Obeys all applicable federal laws, rules, and regulations relating to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
* Pleasant, welcoming demeanor
* Excellent telephone skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Prior cash handling experience and/or six months bank teller experience is highly desired
* Basic computer skills including Outlook, Excel, Word and Bank software programs
* Flexibility to learn and grow as new systems or processes emerge
* Ability to keep cash drawer in balance on a daily basis
* Ability to accurately process monetary transactions in a timely fashion
* Proven ability to give our members excellent service in person, on the phone, and by email
* Ability to work as an integral team player
* Punctuality is a must
Desired Skills and Competencies:
* Computer experience (Word and Excel)
* Prior receptionist experience
* Prior member service/teller experience
Physically you can anticipate to:
* Express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word via email and verbally.
* Exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, use your arms and legs, and sit most of the time.
* Have close visual acuity to perform activities such as analyzing data, viewing a computer terminal, reading, and preparing documentation.
* Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Computer Terminals