Service Desk Analyst I
Albany Molecular Research Inc. provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Service Desk Analyst I is responsible for providing direct and indirect help desk and system administration support to end users. The IT Support Administrator may also be assigned to project teams in support of company goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities\:
- Troubleshoot and resolve end user hardware and software issues within prescribed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot end user software applications.
- Configure and deploy laptops, desktops, and desktop virtualization appliances.
- Train end-users on use of hardware or software as needed.
- Assign and manage permissions to network resources including; File Servers, SharePoint, and Microsoft Exchange.
- Administer and troubleshoot end user desktop virtualization environment and services.
- Create and manage Microsoft Exchange mailboxes.
- Manage backup and restoration of network resources.
- Configure, deploy, and troubleshoot network printers including the configuration of network print server queues and services.
- Administer and support telecommunications equipment as required.
- Manage end user remote access software and services.
- Assist in onsite support for installation, maintenance, and repair of Wide Area and Local Area Network equipment (routers, switches, firewalls).
- Participate in on call rotation in support of global IT operations and services.
- Participate in global phone call service center.
- Understand IT security and regulatory policies and adhere to these policies while providing support.
- Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
- Keep up to date on current technologies applicable to the work environment using available resources.
- Participate in projects in support of information technology goals and objectives.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
Associates Degree or equivalent experience/certification.
CompTIA A Certification
Minimum of two year IT experience in a technology support role
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate well with others
Knowledge of ITIL best practices a plus
Knowledge of Microsoft Systems Administration, including Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint
Knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure environments
Knowledge of data backup and recovery systems/applications
ERP system experience a plus
Experience in telephone system administration a plus
Lenovo system certification is a plus
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Service Level Agreement