To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Services Field Engineer
Teledyne Technologies • Woodridge, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Since 1964, Teledyne Controls LLC has been working closely with civil and military aircraft operators worldwide. The company counts over 300 airlines among its valued clients, including the world’s major carriers. We also work directly with the aircraft manufacturers, supplying products to the major OEMs, such as Airbus and Boeing. Fundamental to our success are our core values which includes dedication to every employee and client’s success; Innovation that matters - for our company and for the world; Trust and personal responsibility in all relationships!
Our adaptable suite of products includes Data Acquisition & Management Systems, Wireless Data Transfer Systems, Flight Data Analysis & Investigation Solutions, Data Loading Solutions, Aircraft Network Systems, Aircraft Manufacturer and Supplier. Combined together, these products provide comprehensive data management solutions that leverage aircraft data intelligence and create value for our customers.
Are you looking to be part of a dynamic and growing organization? Teledyne Controls is EveryWhereYouLook! and looking for the best available talent to support our growth.Position Summary and Responsibilities
Teledyne Controls LLC is seeking a Field Services Engineer in Chicago, Illinois to support all Teledyne Controls products and services for a major U.S. carrier. The ideal candidate will serve as Teledyne Controls' primary point of contact to ensure successful entry into service of the contracted Teledyne Controls avionics equipment and services. They will assist the U.S. carrier personnel in the daily operation of Teledyne Controls' data services applications and coordinate training personnel related to Teledyne Controls' products and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Assist in technical support relationship to drive customer satisfaction by pro-actively implementing technical solutions for our services customer.
- Coordinate training for a major U.S. carrier personnel related to Teledyne’s products and services.
- Serve as Teledyne’s primary point of contact for troubleshooting and resolution of any in-service issues with Teledyne products and services.
- After the data services applications are fully deployed, optimize the data services application for a major U.S. carrier by implementing additional parameters, alerts, reports, or dashboards.
- Report and track the in-service reliability of Teledyne avionics equipment.
- Generate reports using data provided by our customer and analyzed by our software platforms.
- Work with tools such as SQL, Tableau, MATLAB, etc. to be able to extract meaningful information out of Services Customer data.
- Resolve challenging, potentially high impact customer situations with a high level of tact and understanding.
- Work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment under minimum supervision to support deployment, integration and maintenance of Controls’ software products within clients’ networking environments.
- Understand customer needs and identify possible new services opportunities.
- Effectively interact with the engineering teams to provide solutions to complex technical issues.
- Share best practices with fellow team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of the support process.
- Travel domestically to the Teledyne Controls LLC office in El Segundo, CA.
Education and/or Experience
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree (BA, BS) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aeronautical or other related Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years of engineering experience.
- Basic experience interacting with customer or in an customer-facing role is required.
- Basic understanding of aviation and/or avionics system is a plus.
- Experience working with Tableau or any other Data Analysis/Visualization is a plus.
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Teledyne Controls requires that candidates complete a satisfactory background check and pass a drug screen prior to employment.Citizenship Requirements Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a 'U.S. Person' (US citizens, US nationals, lawful permanent residents, asylees or refugees). Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. ? If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email email@example.com or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.