Employment Status: Full Time
I. The Team Leaderis responsible for the quality of the care provided to patients during theirshift. Functions as care coordinator.
A. Maintains high standards of patientcare:
1. Participates, evaluates and reports PI Plan.
2. Accountable for staff guidancethrough PI plan.
B. Promoteshigh standards in Human Resources:
1. Rewards unit staff through awards andrecognition.
2. Assists with theevaluation of staff.
3. Responsible forstaff discipline while on duty.
II. The Team leaderis responsible for resource management within the department:
- Meets professional requirements in a timely manner and is attentive to detail:
b. Promotes adherence to quality initiatives.
B. Risk management
C. Plans activities in an organized, accountable manner:
D. Plans patient care in an organized, accountablemanner.
E. Evaluates patient care outcome.
F. Acts as a professional role model by activelyparticipating in patient care.
G. Leads patient care team on designated shift.
H. Completes leadership rounds.
I. Attempts tocreate improved patient and staff conditions through creativity andinnovativeness in coordinating patient care.
J. Shows concern foreffective use of resources and equipment.
K. Involves unit staff in planning.
L. Responds positively to changing circumstances.
M. Coordinates accurate calculation of patient acuity andworkload (staffing) data. Makesassignments accordingly.
N. Monitors clinical conditions.
O. Displaysconfidence and effectiveness in leadership role.
- Remains visible in the department to physicians and staff members.
- Allocates resources to keep continuous flow of patient care.
- Maintains knowledge of patients within the department and delegates duties to enhance patient flow.
- Supports and promotes patient satisfaction goals.
- Rounds on patients to enhance patient satisfaction.
- Promotes teamwork and monitors staff members (work performance) output, offering solutions to improve performance.
- Conferences/coaches staff members who require redirection, (collaborates with Director/Clinical Supervisor as needed). Documents actions taken.
- Makes patient/room assignments when on duty.
- Monitors that PI checks are performed by assigned team members.
- Will be a responsible nurse advocate for patients and patients’ families during crisis situation.
III. The Team Leader is responsible for upholding LeadershipStandard in the department.
A. One(1) year experience required.
B. Current licensure as a registerednurse in the State of Louisiana.
C. Experience with role of chargenurse.
E. PreferredBaccalaureate Degree in Nursing, Business, Health Care Administration, orequivalent experience.
F. Current CPRcertification; advanced certification preferred if appropriate for area ofclinical practice.
• Various types ofmedical instruments & equipment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must comply with all SERVICE Standards of Behavior