To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
KFMB San Diego • San Diego, CA
Posted 1 month ago
KFMB Stations (CBS 8 and The CW San Diego) - a TEGNA media company located in San Diego, CA - has an opportunity for an experienced Television and Digital Account Executive to join our market leading sales team. We are looking for a self-starting, creative, solutions-based marketing professional that can network, connect with business owners, develop unique marketing ideas, and deliver results for our customers using our advertising products.
The right candidate must have experience in TV and Digital media sales, be able to think creatively and learn TEGNA's product suite. We are looking for a consultative seller who has proven record of sales success. Keys to success include; the ability to work independently to create new business opportunities, and work as a team to create custom advertising solutions.
This is a performance-based position that requires being able to handle multi projects at once with ease. Candidates must be able to speak the language of advertising agencies and simplify marketing for local business owners. We are looking for a dynamic seller that will manage an existing account list and be responsible for generating new TV and Digital advertising revenues. This position will be responsible for growing revenue and share by effectively negotiating, packaging, and recommending solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Achieve all broadcast and digital sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Maximize share of business from an assigned list of local and regional accounts;
- Forecast revenue production for an existing account list while generating new business opportunities;
- Develop new revenue through selling sponsorships, digital solutions and Premion OTT;
- Utilize Account Manager & sales support to provide exceptional customer service to clients;
- Utilize Account Manager & sales support to organize and prioritize business to successfully meet goals and deadlines;
- Build effective verbal & written marketing presentations in collaboration with others (e.g., Sales Management, Account Manager, Research Director, sales support, etc.)
- Use Salesforce or CRMS tool to manage day to day activity, pipeline, and forecasts.
- High school diploma required (college degree preferred)
- A minimum of 3 years of broadcast television sales experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in WideOrbit and Salesforce preferred
- Detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- High energy & self-motivated
- Ability to work effectively and independently as part of a team;
- Experience in using qualitative research and/or other marketing research tools
- A valid driver's license with an excellent driving record, as well as reliable transportation and proof of insurance
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.