I. General Summary:
Performs diversified clerical and statistical duties to ensure timely and accurate human resource administration. Responsible for data entry and maintenance of team member personal, employment, pay, and benefit data into Human Resources Information System (HRIS). Handles administrative details of absenteeism, paid time off, and leaves of absence programs. Prepares reports reflecting status of HR Key Performance Indicators (KPI). Maintains personnel and other various human resource records. Provides broad level of administrative support for HR policies, programs, procedures, and services. II. Essential Job Functions:
A. Enter, maintain, and update team member personal, employment, pay, benefits, and other data in HRIS system(s) for new hires, transfers, terminations, life events, salary changes, etc.
1. Enter new hire information and maintain new hire evaluation period evaluations to ensure new hires reach their maximum performance level.
2. Provide employment verifications when needed.
3. Request departmental organizational charts and update any moves or reassignments.
4. Maintain, administer, and process leaves of absence (e.g., FMLA, Personal, Bereavement, etc.)
5. Advise individuals in need of FMLA and/or disability benefits to promote financial stability to those in need of assistance during illness or injury.
6. Address and help correct paycheck discrepancies.
7. Administer and audit PTO benefits in accordance with attendance reports from Erlanger Head Office, Kronos, submitted PTO forms, and written log to ensure individual pay corresponds correctly with paid time off.
8. Initiate and execute yearly PTO preplanning procedures to schedule paid time off.
9. Run HRIS (e.g., Oracle, Kronos) reports as needed.
B. Provide functional support to human resources policies, programs, procedures, and services.
1. Assist with and answer HR-related questions/issues from team members.
2. Accept all employment or transfer applications and assists applicants with questions.
3. Conduct daily walks through the plant to address team member concerns (pay, benefits, training, etc.).
4. Confirm and draft corrective action documentation in accordance with occurrence violation procedures to identify individual corrective action level and notify HR Specialist and/or HR Manager.
5. Assist with HR policy and procedure development and administration.
6. Draft internal communications/notices to be posted or distributed.
7. Assist HR staff with planning team member activities and functions (e.g., monthly birthday meals, yearly holiday activities, luncheons, etc.).
8. Promote seasonal and social activities through postings, flyers, correspondence, phone calls, e-mails and drawings.
9. Promote Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities through fundraisers, dress down days, raffles, meals, silent auctions, pictures, etc., to set an example of charitable contributions to those in need.
C. Coordinate tracking and reporting of HR KPI.
1. Complete monthly headcount report including pulling information from Oracle and comparing to previous month's report, detailing staffing changes of hires, terminations, and transfers.
2. Conduct daily attendance tracking (absenteeism, emergency paid time off, etc).
3. Maintain and report daily, weekly, and monthly KPI.
D. Handle administrative details of the Human Resources department.
1. Administer all incoming calls and redirect, take, and deliver messages.
2. Greet and direct all guests, visitors, and team members.
3. Prepare presentations, special reports, and routine correspondence.
4. Make travel arrangements including plane, hotel, and car rentals.
5. Keep company phone and email lists up to date.
6. Maintain team member personnel and medical files including other required records and documents.
7. Assist with preparation, scheduling, and facilitation of new hire orientation.
8. Providing miscellaneous HR administrative support to team members, members of management, and visitors.
9. Serve as administrative resource for HR Manager.
E. Provide general plant administrative support.
1. Prepare outgoing mail and sort and distribute incoming mail.
2. Prepare documents, etc. for FedEx, UPS and DHL shipment.
3. Duplicate and distribute materials and keep files for faxes, deliveries, and shipments.
4. Complete filing, correspondence, meeting preparations, and other administrative support functions for office staff.
5. Provide refreshments to customers and meeting participants as needed. III. Minimum Qualifications/Requirements: Education:
* High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
* Certificate or training from college or technical school is a plus.
* Associate's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Communications, or related field required, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Experience:
* Minimum 2 years of relevant experience required.
* Prior experience with data entry dealing with sensitive personal and employment information.
* Prior general HR work experience involving multiple facets. Personal/Technical Skills:
* Basic working knowledge of human resources policies, programs, and procedures in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Basic math skills required.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Ability to work independently and with minimal direction.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural work environment.
* Ability to receive and change direction on tasks with short notice.
* Ability to work with multiple departments and prioritize activities.
* Ability to create reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
* Ability to be adaptable and flexible in a constantly changing environment.
* Ability to take initiative on assigned tasks without significant supervision.
* Be able to maintain the confidentiality of any information s/he encounters.
* Ability to relate and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
* Excellent planning, scheduling, collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to compile effective and concise visual reports in charts, graphs, and table format.
* Demonstrates a personality that works in cooperation with other departments towards building a sense of company teamwork.
* Strong administrative, analytical, and organizational skills to be able to coordinate human resource activities and functions.
* As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to Toyota Boshoku America's (TBA) needs, team member goodwill, and the public image.
* Basic understanding and working knowledge of TBA's organization, automotive plants and processes/principles, company products, trade terminology, and manufacturing processes is a plus. Language Skills:
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English. Computer/Software:
* Solid working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and other related Business HR/IT applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, Lotus Notes/Outlook, Internet, etc.).
* Prior large scale HR Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system experience preferred. Oracle HR preferred. IV. Work Environment/Conditions:Office:
Open Office Environment, moderate noise level.Plant:
Standard automotive plant environment with moderate noise level. PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses, steel toe shoes, hearing protection, etc. may be required in engineering, manufacturing, or industrial areas. Personal attire standards may apply.Travel:
0-5% V. Physical Demands:
Ability to sit and work on a computer for extensive periods of time is required. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, see, and hear. The team member must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds. Disclaimer:
This job description is intended to identify the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification, as well as certain essential job functions. It is not intended, and should not be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. To qualify for this job, however, a team member must be able to perform its essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Under no circumstances may this job description be construed as altering the at-will nature of the employment relationship between TBA and any team member.EOE
Attention To Detail