Fluidics Inc., is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world’s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Since Fluidics was founded in 1968, a lot has changed in the mechanical contracting industry, including our company. We have acquired the most technologically and physically advanced resources available to meet the growing needs of our customers.
Job Title: --Building Maintenance Mechanic
Job Summary: --
Responsible for repair and maintenance of building related mechanical, electrical, plumbing, air handling units, and other building mechanical systems. Work involves the lifting of heavy mechanical equipment and apparatus, and may be performed in areas of extreme heat or cold. Receives and responds to service calls, takes immediate action to resolve emergency situations or system breakdowns. Performs preventive maintenance and tenant services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: --
- Routine BAS operation and daily building HVAC performance check.
- Repair all restroom fixtures clear drain obstructions
- Troubleshoot minor electrical circuits
- Perform minor electrical tasks to include bulb and ballast replacement.
- Perform minor carpentry tasks, ceiling tile replacement, repair or replace door hardware, locks, panic bars etc.
- Operate sprinkler & alarm systems, place systems out of service and drain for testing purposes.
- Paint HVAC equipment and cooling tower dunnage for corrosion protection
- Inspect mechanical, electrical systems, record inspections, write reports to Supervisors.
- Requisition necessary material to complete required repairs.
- Perform any additional duties on an as “required” basis where such duties are within the scope of contractual obligations.
- Mechanical Trades or Trade School training.
- NJ Black Seal required.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in maintenance, and repair of building mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and general building maintenance.
- Familiarity with operation of building auxiliary systems i.e. fire-life safety, standby emergency generators.
- Ability to write, execute written and oral instructions and perform arithmetic calculations.
- Valid driver’s license as required to drive any vehicles which may be assigned along with Driving skills with up to 1-1/2-ton truck.
- Strong knowledge of safe work practices and procedures typical for maintenance operations
- Ability to safely wear a respirator, climb ladders, enter confined spaces, lift heavy objects and perform other physically demanding tasks.
- Safely and skillfully use all types of related hand and power tools
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Repairing (Computer Systems)