AmeriPride Services is looking for a Shuttle Driver to join our team!
This position is responsible for overall safe and timely delivery and return of product from remote location(s) to plant location. Tasks and activities for this position vary, yet typically include: loading of clean deliverable garments onto delivery truck, safe and timely delivery of goods to set company location, off-loading of goods, loading of goods at distant location, safe and timely delivery of goods back to main plant. Operate over-the-road transportation vehicle in a legal, safe and efficient manner. Executes work in accordance with Company safety guidelines and in a productive and efficient manner. This position is required to follow Company policies and legal requirements, including among other things; Statement of Business Ethics; equal opportunity; confidentiality/non-disclosure; and harassment-free, respectful, violence-free and drug-free workplace.
AmeriPride Services offers competitive compensation and benefit packages. For more information, please visit URL blocked - click to apply. AmeriPride Services, Inc., a nationally recognized leader in the uniform rental industry, has been delivering exceptional service to all our customers since 1889. We have grown into a multi-national organization operating 196 production facilities and service centers throughout the United States and Canada. Over 200,000 customers experience AmeriPride every week.
AmeriPride Services Inc. is one of North America’s elite providers in branded identity apparel and facilities services programs. AmeriPride develops customized uniform and facility services programs for our customers that will enhance their employees’ image, provide brand identity apparel and products, and promote the safety of their employees and clients through a full portfolio on innovative products and services.
- Works on assigned delivery routes as scheduled in a safe and efficient manner.
- Attends meetings as required to engage in education and participate in communication.
- Maintains clean, professional, and tidy personal grooming. Wears the Company-supplied uniform while completing job duties.
- Consistently seeks improvement and excellence in job skills.
- Adheres to standard procedures in support of Company-wide operational, financial, service, and safety goals.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Vehicle Operation
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products, or other materials.
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state (provincial) and federal regulations.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers as needed.
- Potential candidates for this job will be sought that have strong indication of capability with the following items.
- CDL (U.S.) Class A or Class 1 (Canada) with air break endorsement drives license or ability to earn one
- Proved record of work attendance
- Excellent driving record
- Capability of reading and understanding work instructions in English
- Basic Math reasoning skills
- Lifting Ability; up to 100 pounds; Push/Pull Ability; up to 300 pounds assisted
- Capability to work in a fast paced, loud work environment with machinery in a safe and conscientious manner
- Two years industrial laundry experience (preferred)
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Provide Guest Service