If you put your accounting skills to good use, Robert Half Finance has an opening for a Senior Accountant with a Construction/Contractor company. Your talents will be used to prepare and consolidate financial statements, analyze and reconcile accounts, analyze cash flow, build budgets and forecasts, prepare audits, and handle internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. To thrive in this position, candidates should have exceptional analytical skills and enjoy working in challenging, fast-paced environments. This Senior Accountant role is with a company in the Construction/Contractor field and is located in Dallas-Ft Worth, Texas. The company offers a strong compensation package, benefits, and the opportunity for growth.
- Strong interest in continuously improving the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Provide analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
- Assist in coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors
- Allocate and prepare monthly consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis reports for management
- Uphold company standards when working with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls; while also providing support on special requests when required
- Prepare Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Partake in various department-wide initiatives
- Complete monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables that includes journal entries, reconciliations, and reports in the compensation area in compliance with GAAP
- Administer Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Familiarity with corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
- Microsoft Excel experience
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in SOX control execution/documentation
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Strong communication and social skills
- Skilled at time management
- Observant, accurate and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Current and relevant ERP system experience
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- 3-5 years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Standard Accounting Practices