To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- VC Highlands, NV 89521
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
HelpDesk Technician II
IGT • VC Highlands, NV
Posted 16 days ago
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines and Lotteries to Interactive and Social Gaming. With operations in more than 100 countries and a team of over 12,000 employees, we deliver world-class gaming and lottery technology.
IGT is expanding the GSC (Global Support Center) team. We are looking for someone who is flexible due to the 24/7/365 environment. You will be the point of contact, working directly with global IGT staff by providing remote technical phone support while also staying accountable for the day to day support of IGT Information Technology Systems.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides accurate, timely and creative solutions of moderate to complex nature to ensure client productivity for IGT internal desktop systems software and hardware, network systems, printers, telecommunications and other related technical equipment.
- Acts as first line of support for end-user issues.
- Performs restorative and maintenance actions remotely to resolve client's problems, using basic troubleshooting and technical skills.
- Responds to situations where standard procedures have failed in isolating or fixing problem equipment or software installations, moves and configuration changes.
- Maintain accurate information and data regarding client issues within the tracking system and according to policies and standards.
- Analyze and troubleshoot network connectivity and access problems.
- Research, respond to and resolve trouble ticket and log trouble tickets in tracking database and follow up with customers to keep them informed of the status of tickets, both opened and closed.
- Install and configure desktop/ laptop and workstations in a heterogeneous environment.
- Document IS procedures/information, posts information on the IS website. Maintains HelpDesk Knowledge Base
- Install software patches, fixes and drivers to resolve problems.
- Support password and data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment.
- Evaluate customer issues and determine appropriate corrective actions.
- Resolve systems and hardware failures within the scope of provided training.
- Ability to communicate and write clearly to convey complex ideas and instructions to the IGT user community.
- High School diploma required, or equivalent.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in technical IS and Help Desk support.
- Must have basic knowledge of/skills in computers and operating systems technologies, Microsoft applications and how they impact users.
- Remote location analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, phone and customer service etiquette in resolving user’s problems is required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. regularly
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
Keys to Success
• Building collaborative relationships
• Decision making
• Drive results
• Foster innovation
• Personal energy
In addition to a competive benefits package, we offer generous time-off plans, a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, on-site fitness center and cafeteria, and free identity theft insurance to name a few.
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, and to creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, covered veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, federal laws or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.