To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Batesville, MS 38606
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
HVAC / Refrigerant Technician
EMCOR Group, Inc • Batesville, MS
Posted 27 days ago
About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of operated crane services, rigging services, turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane’s ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial Constructors is seeking, HVAC / Refrigerant Tech candidate at the GE Aviation site in Batesville, MS.
• Installs, troubleshoots and repairs heating, air conditioning and refrigeration units.
• Troubleshoots malfunctioning heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems to determine the cause of the malfunction and repair.
• Performs scheduled maintenance inspections, and adjusts, cleans and calibrates various systems to assure proper system operations.
• Repairs wiring and electronic components. Must have understanding of electrical schematics and OHM’s law.
• Read and understand complicated service manuals, blueprints and schematics.
• Replaces expansion valves, compressors, motors, coil units and other component parts.
• Clean refrigerant systems from hermetic burnouts, evacuates, and charges systems.
• Troubleshoots and repairs direct digital and pneumatic control systems.
• Checks distribution systems for proper velocity, volume, temperature, pressure, etc.
• Determine cause of and corrects condensation problems.
• Provides technical assistance with installations and modifications to existing systems.
• Assist in training other technicians in preventative maintenance of HVAC systems.
• Prepares and maintain records and reports describing procedures, actions taken and recommended solutions.
• Prepares and submits requests for supplies and equipment.
• Responds to emergency service requests.
• Complete all Safety and general job training as required by SIC.
• Observe SIC and Customer safety and quality processes and procedures at all times.
• Have thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of maintenance duties.
• Perform other job duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, and warehouses, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property and buildings. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working on ladders, and in awkward body positions.
*Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.