Messer Construction Co. is an award-winning construction manager and general contractor that provides leadership for complex commercial building projects. An employee-owned company, Messer now stands as one of the nation’s leading health care and higher education builders. Messer’s footprint has grown to ten regional offices located across the Midwest and Southeast: Raleigh and Charlotte, North Carolina; Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton Ohio; Louisville and Lexington Kentucky; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Knoxville & Nashville, Tennessee. Messer employees live where they work, resulting in the company’s sustained commitment to building better communities.
Messer is seeking a Sr. Project Manager to lead projects and ensure that project teams accomplish company goals through a safe work environment.
Responsibilities are as follows:
• Establish & maintain Master Progress Schedule
• Maintain Owner, Architect, Subcontractor & Vendor relations
• Prepare Budget and Financial Reporting. Maintain General Contract and Subcontract Documents
• Maintain Quality Assurance and Control. Establish & monitor administrative procedures for the project
• Organize work & train staff organization on projects
• Keep management informed on progress of project and budget
• Perform other duties and take on other responsibilities as required
• 7+ years of experience with commercial construction projects (Healthcare, Higher Education, Industrial etc...)
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Management or related field
• Ability to work non-traditional hours
• Excellent organizational, Communication, leadership and problem solving skills
o Possess all auditory, speaking and communicating capabilities
o Physical requirements: sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, climbing, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 25lbs., seeing and reading
All Messer employees are required to comply with our Substance Abuse Prevention Policy as a condition of employment. Messer may condition offers of employment upon taking and passing of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen.
We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth. If you would like to join our team of employee-owners and are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, please visit our website at http://www.messer.com/careers.
Messer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Messer is committed to a diverse workforce.