As a combined organization, 189045435 and 189045435 is undertaking what is perhaps the central challenge of our times – to help drive the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind. To do that, we are the utility industry’s top provider of turn-key energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and jobs. With over 26 years in business, we have more than 1,300 experts across the United States, with warehouses on both coasts. The organization’s integrated in-house services provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals.
We believe the organization’s most “precious resources” are its people. We pledge a relentless pursuit to embody a culture that acknowledges, recognizes, and infinitely seeks to understand the unique differences of its people. We are committed to creating employee experiences that continually attract and embrace a multiracial, multicultural, and multigenerational workforce that promotes outstanding performance and mirrors our diverse partnerships, clients and communities we serve.
This role is primarily responsible for providing support for issues related to employee evaluation and performance, employee relations, retention and engagement, and policies. HR Advisors should ensure that company policies are upheld and will contribute to the development and articulation of policies. This role will also provide leaders and employees counsel related to employee relations activities, working in collaboration with various functional areas and HR Business Partners to ensure alignment of business goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Collaborative interaction with leaders and employees across entire company
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with leaders and employees
- Facilitate regular meetings with supervisors and managers to discuss talent and employee issues and/or development opportunities. Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provide performance management guidance and employee relations counseling to leaders and employees (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Actively engage with employees to ensure their voice is heard, make recommendations for improvement, and implement change based on the information obtained
- Partner with Training, HRBPs, and other HR functions to identify, develop, and implement/facilitate employee engagement & retention activities. Analyze trends, provide feedback, and make recommendations.
- Partner with individual contributors and managers within Operations to identify training needs
- Partner with Training to build role-specific development programs based on the data
- Responsible for helping to develop and maintain programs, policies, and practices focused on retention, onboarding, orientation, and training
- Conduct 30-day Interview with new hires, as well as exit interviews for voluntary terminations
- Collaborate with HR team to look for creative ways to engage, recognize, and communicate with the workforce
- Support recruitment team as needed with pre-employment screening results based on contract requirements
- Participate in annual 9-box calibration sessions
- Initiate post-incident and reasonable suspicion drug tests.
- Administer Leave of Absence and accommodation process in accordance with applicable federal and state laws
- Follow-up with managers to ensure thorough onboarding of new employees
- Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations
- Provides HR policy interpretation and guidance
- Manage and administer the process for employee sponsorships, as well as maintain communication and relationship with dedicated outside counsel
- Complete and present paperwork for promotions and transfers when completed outside of normal recruitment process
- Support and resolve employee relations issues and conduct terminations as warranted
- Support leaders in the development and delivery of progressive discipline, terminations, reductions, furloughs, and more. Administer furlough process, including support and communications with impacted employees.
- Administer driver’s license monitoring system and escalate/address issues in accordance with policies
- Track employee disciplinary actions
- Ensure legal compliance with all State and Federal regulations
- Assist the department in carrying out various human resources programs
- Serve as a leader within the organization providing high level oversight and accountability to our purpose, culture, and ethical beliefs
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in human resources with 1 year employee relations experience
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
Estimated Wage Range: Provided upon request
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, parental leave, and more!
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Attention To Detail