A career in Office of General Counsel, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be a part of the Firm’s legal department by providing dedicated legal support in the areas of litigation, counselling, and corporate, commercial, and employment law. You’ll play an important part in all aspects of regulatory proceedings involving the Firm and its personnel by supporting on regulatory issues, advising the Firm on matters relating to its operations, supporting the Firm’s client contracting function, and advising on matters related to employees.
As part of our team, you’ll help with researching background information related to legal issues and prepare legal documents. You’ll focus on drafting contracts or legal agreements, retaining files of prepared legal documents, and coordinating requests between internal and external counsel.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
- Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Experienced attorney specializing in data and data protection. Requires broad understanding of the development, collection, use, transfer and governance of data, including analytics, privacy and security, across international borders. Will advise on data issues in connection with all aspects of the PwC network’s business, including transactions, joint ventures, development and use of analytics tools, contracting, security, system implementations, product development and strategic initiatives.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
5 year(s) 3 years in counseling on data and data protection matters at a law firm and/or in-house legal department
IAPP industry certifications such as CIPP, CIPM, CIPT
Demonstrating industry thought leader-level abilities as a team leader, emphasizing the following areas:
- Providing legal advice and support regarding the whole spectrum of data issues, including privacy, security, governance, from an international perspective;
- Serving as a data protection and privacy legal “subject matter expert” to various stakeholders within the PwC network;
- Advising on issues around collecting, sharing and accessing personal information, marketing to customers and providing and honoring opt-out choices, as well as concerning on-line privacy policies and practices;
- Developing strategies for sharing personal information internationally, including compliance with EU data transfer requirements and maintenance of internal PwC network data transfer compliance mechanisms;
- Providing privacy-related legal advice concerning business transactions, including reviewing and negotiating contracts with clients, 3rd party vendors and business partners, performing privacy-related legal due diligence and drafting and negotiating and applicable privacy-related provisions;
- Providing privacy-related and data analytics legal advice regarding website, marketing, cookie compliance and social media activities;
- Supporting the development and implementation of various applications;
- Providing legal advice concerning privacy incidents and compliance with breach notification laws;
- Monitoring and providing legal advice concerning legislative and regulatory developments in the areas of privacy and data protection;
- Providing legal advice on various strategic initiatives related to cutting-edge data and privacy issues, as well as designing and delivering education programs on privacy-related issues and creating and sharing resources across the PwC network; and,
- Dealing with business-level implications related to privacy and data protection laws and regulations (e.g., opt-out processes, breach notifications, vendor / business partner due diligence and oversight, etc.).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.