Robert Half Finance is looking for a Staff Accountant for a full-time opportunity. As Staff Accountant, you will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. During the monthly close, you will also be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting. Lend your skills towards developing and implementing accounting policies. Also, you will take part in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the reporting processes. This intricate position is involved in the production of Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. This company, based in Midland, TX offers a challenging and multi-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded.
How you will make an impact
- Compose thorough journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Ad hoc reporting and performing special projects upon request
- Handle intercompany transactions, billings, and reconciliation
- Perform month end close, journal entries, with minimum supervision
- Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
- Maintain fixed asset ledgers, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Assemble analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for management reporting
- Partake in a variety of department-wide initiatives
- Manage schedules for monthly payments and capital lease
- Regularly maintain and reconcile journal entries
- In-depth experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process by preparing monthly financial close workbooks
- Maintain, implement, and adhere to internal controls while ensuring that accounting procedures comply with GAAP
Email resume to: Email blocked - click to apply
- Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Strong analytical capabilities and discernment
- Current and relevant ERP system experience
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Strong familiarity with general ledger
- Variance analysis experience highly desired
- Account reconciliation experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial statement preparation
- Financial statements consolidation experience required
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- Excellent attention to detail
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.