To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rockville, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Desktop Support Technician
Medix • Rockville, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Desktop Support Technician
6 Months Contract
Our client located in Rockville is seeking a driven, creative and hard-working individual with an entrepreneurial mindset who thrive in a fast-paced, large environment for their Desktop Support Team. The client is one of the leading non-profit global certification organizations and striving to raise global standards of excellence in healthcare and patient safety. The client provides certifications in over 70 different countries and they are looking for a Desktop Support Technician. They will be supporting end users via phone and in person. They will assist with password resets across all systems, troubleshoot connectivity issues, and provide detailed documentation in the issue tracking system. This is a great position for a person who is extremely customer focused, who will own the incident from start to finish, and follow up with customer communications.
- Support all internal and external customers with computer workstation (hardware and software), telephone, network, operating system, printing, and Internet access problems
- Provide support for wired and wireless networks
- Monitor and respond to Help Desk voicemail, 1st and 2nd level corrective action, and problem escalation to appropriate resources when necessary
- Perform installs, upgrades, moves, and changes for computer workstation hardware and software, printers, monitors, CD-ROM drives, and other peripheral devices
- Provide technical support and guidance to users and serves as the IT Liaison to other departments
- Prioritize help requests according to IT procedures and service level agreements
- Experience with AV equipment for event set up
- Update and maintain software and hardware inventory, including coordination of software license agreements
- Maintain and follow policies and procedures as required for organizational ANSI accreditation
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in a related field and a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar function
- Demonstrable diagnostic skill in solving operational and performance problems related to desktop and laptop computers, including but not limited to personal computer hardware, operating systems, remote access, and COTS applications
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
- Experience using help desk call tracking application and related support utilities
- Ability to diagnose and resolve remote PC related computing problems
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated skill in writing concise, logical and grammatically correct letters and reports
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Consistent attention to detail
- Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions
- Strong organizational communication and collaborative skills
- Advanced technical knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Location: Rockville, MD
Placement Type: 6-Month Contract
Shift: Monday - Friday, 8am-4:30pm
As a W2 hourly employee of Medix during the contract portion, you will have the option to enroll in our talent benefits program, which includes multiple options for Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401K Enrollment, and more!