Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 28,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
We’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we’re hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career.
The Director – Technical Accounting and Policy will manage CDK’s technical accounting policy and research function. The role is expected to lead the implementation of new accounting standards applicable to CDK, partner with various business stakeholders, understand underlying transactions, research the accounting standards (U.S. GAAP), and document our conclusions in memos and accounting policies to ensure CDK compliance.
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions
- Drive the implementation of new accounting standards, including but not limited to:
- Lead CDK’s implementation of the new lease accounting standard – ASC 842
- Coordinate with External Reporting on financial statement disclosures related to new accounting guidance
- Prepare technical accounting memos for new, complex, or unusual transactions
- Track accounting issues to ensure oversight and SOX compliance
- Serve as an internal expert on recently adopted revenue recognition accounting standard – ASC 606
- Update and enhance CDK’s global accounting policies, ensuring compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Provide training to the CDK Accounting and Finance team
- Provide accounting expertise for Business Development activity:
- Perform due diligence of potential acquisition targets
- Oversee purchase accounting for acquisitions, including reviews of valuations for intangible assets and goodwill
- Review other transactions, which could include license arrangements, divestitures, joint ventures, etc.
- Partner with Accounting, Operating Segment Finance, and Corporate Finance functions (e.g. Tax, Treasury) to resolve accounting matters
- Review significant contracts (vendor and customer) to evaluate accounting consequences
- Work closely with external auditors to address the accounting for significant transactions
- Communicate with senior leadership on technical accounting matters and other projects
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- 10+ years of professional experience, including technical accounting exposure, OR
- 8 years of experience, with three years of heavy technical accounting concentration (e.g. accounting policy, revenue recognition, leases)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Certification: Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Skills & Abilities: Significant technical accounting experience, U.S. GAAP
- Valued experience:
- Public accounting experience at a Big 4 or a National firm, preferred
- Experience with public companies / SEC filers, preferred
- Open to candidates directly from public accounting, or with a combination of public accounting and industry experience
- Exposure to software / SaaS / technology companies is beneficial but not required
- Knowledge of multinational companies is also beneficial
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills both verbal and written
- Must have strong technical accounting skills and up-to-date knowledge of the latest accounting and reporting standards
- Must be able to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.