We’re a leading supplier of paints & coatings with strong product technologies and brands. Our high-quality products are used by customers across the world to protect and enhance everything from ships, cars, aircraft, yachts and architectural components (structural steel, building products, flooring) to consumer goods (mobile devices, appliances, beverage cans, furniture) and oil and gas facilities. Major brands include Awlgrip, International, Interpon and Sikkens.
Our Automotive & Specialty Coatings Business Unit is a leading supplier of products, color technology and state-of-the-art customer services for automotive refinishing and commercial vehicle and rail original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and repair. Our global Sikkens Premium brand has high quality products and services, and a position in emerging markets. We are leaders and innovators in digital color.
Key Objectives of the Job
Our Account Manager position is the frontline sales person responsible for the execution of agreed sales and profitability targets established by the business group within the assigned sales area by acquiring new business and maintaining existing customers.
- Manage a portfolio of customers, in a designated area, to execute sales plan.
- Systematically screen customer base for new opportunities, generates leads and maintains pipeline.
- Identify, plan and develop new customers in line with business development plans/targets.
- Provide appropriate and agreed levels of contact, service and support to ensure sales targets are met.
- Monitor sales against agreed targets on a regular basis to ensure they are met and where necessary the need for remedial actions are identified, reported and implemented.
- Plans own visit schedule in line with agreed customer service levels for that customer segment. Coordinates visit schedule with the assigned Technical Service Representative.
- Manage sales support activities in designated area.
- Collects, reports and analyzes the customer feedback / information on present as well as future market trends in the context of possible further market penetration.
- Identifies, targets and implements the approved sales strategies in the assigned marketplace.
- Promotes the positive company image and develops long-term relations with the customers.
- High School Diploma required; College degree preferred
- 3 years of sales experience with vehicle collision repair industry or related automotive field required
- Prior distribution channel sales experience preferred
- Strong time management and communication skills
- Critical thinking, using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Active learning, understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making. Strong technical knowledge of powder coatings for automotive.
- Good computer skills including customer relationship management CRM software, internal database and Microsoft Office
- Requires a valid driver’s license and approximately 20%-30% travel
- Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)
Complex Problem Solving