Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
The Baking Technology Specialist supports assigned bakeries in the areas of ingredient, formula, process, and baking technology with an overall focus on finished product quality and consistency.
- Troubleshoot bakery issues and help to ensure that bakery teams put appropriate corrective actions in place.
- Support R&D development trials on new formulas and new ingredients.
- Work with bakery team to drive the scale-up and commercialization of new products, cost savings projects, and product reformulations. Participate in qualification kick-off calls and ensure that bakery teams are running necessary test bakes and launches on the agreed launch timing. Monitor quality post-launch and modify formula / process as necessary.
- Support assigned bakeries in addressing quality scoring concerns, consumer complaints, waste reduction efforts, and other initiatives as needed.
- Participate as key baking technical resource with Engineering and bakery team on process and equipment modifications to ensure overall quality is maintained. Review overall line speed balance and work with bakery teams to modify as needed.
- Coach and train key bakery associates on ingredients, baking processes, and equipment.
- Complete and post updated product code books for all key launches.
- Conduct formula audits and follow up with bakery on corrective actions. Work with R&D team on any necessary modifications to corporate formulas.
- Document weekly trip results and summarize with key follow ups to bakery team.
- Mainstream bread and bun bakeries for this position may include Albuquerque NM, Beaverton OR, Commerce City CO, Denver CO, Phoenix AZ, Salt Lake City UT, and other locations as assigned. Home location is negotiable for this position.
- Travel approximately 90-100% of the time, with occasional weekend work.
- Other assignments as needed.
Salary Range : 115-125k + bonus
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Eligible
- Benefits: Healthcare , 401k Company Match
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food science, Food Engineering, or a related field. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Five (5) years of baking experience preferred.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Computer skills: Good functionality with MS Excel, MS Word and Power point.
- Leadership skills: The associate needs to work cohesively with multidisciplinary teams, keeping clear communication and trust with all responsible parties to drive company projects to a successful completion and once projects are implemented this associate needs to keep all parties accountable for the expected results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: The associate needs to communicate clearly the status of projects as well as the details when things get complicated to all the parties involved.
- Attention to detail: The associate needs to have great attention to detail, whether is on a written report, a power point presentation, analyzing statistical information and/or process observation to solve opportunities.
- Sense of urgency: The associate needs to drive projects with a great sense of urgency and professionalism. The mentality we are looking for is someone that believes things can be done right and efficiently in a short period of time.
- Problem solving based on root cause and statistical analysis.
- Out of the box mentality.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
- Attention To Detail
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Cost Reduction
- Microsoft Excel