IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
Provides entry to intermediate level monitoring and troubleshooting for operating equipment for one or more jurisdictions and 24x365 adherence to operational procedures, checklists, policies, and national IT Best Practices.
- Demonstrates a relentless commitment to meeting and exceeding customers' expectations while also achieving the goal of reducing the risks and costs of providing services.
- Works to build an effective partnership with the customer on a daily basis. Listens to customers and asks the appropriate questions to determine their requirements.
- Performs intermediate level troubleshooting of systems and servers related to host systems, middleware, applications, and existing tools according to established procedures with minimal supervision.
- Performs intermediate level network monitoring by confirming tool set availability, using tools for verification of services, and detecting, reporting, escalating, and documenting anomalies according to established procedures.
- Monitors logical security through use of established tools and procedures.
- Performs intermediate level monitoring of systems and servers by confirming tool set availability, using tools for verification of services, and detecting, reporting, escalating, and documenting anomalies according to established procedures.
- Performs entry level troubleshooting of network technologies related to IP network devices and backbone transports according to established procedures, using existing tools with minimal supervision.
- Accurately executes, validates, and recovers defined processes in the operational checklists to ensure that all draw processing, day-end processing, system balancing, file system maintenance, change requests, report/file transfers and deliveries, messaging and jackpot details, system locations/configurations, and internal/external customer requests are completed.
- Appropriately coordinates, executes, validates, tracks, follows up on, and escalates internal and external customer requests according to established guidelines.
- Submits recommendations to create and/or maintain operational procedures and checklists.
- Adheres to service level agreements by following established SLA performance requirements
- Adheres to IT best practices by following established IT best practice performance and audit requirements
- Supports local testing policies and procedures
- Performs intermediate level monitoring and/or troubleshooting of automated functions by confirming tool set availability, using tools for verification of services, and detecting, reporting, escalating, and documenting anomalies according to established procedures
- Participates in individual professional development by completing assigned development plan, participating in mentoring activities, tracking and reporting of development, and communicating career path goals and objectives.
- Provides training to other operators through free flow of information, encouraging and appropriately evaluating feedback, encouraging innovation, and inspiring / motivating others.
- Assists in providing informal coaching and mentoring to junior level operators.
- Two-year technical college degree or comparable experience
- 1-2 years' experience in related field preferred
Minimum technical knowledge and skills requirements - Required
- Where applicable, must be able to monitor and troubleshoot multiple technologies.
- Able to navigate through Unix/Linux/AIX/VMS/DOS and perform basic commands
- Working knowledge of FTP/SFTP protocols
- Comprehensive knowledge of Office suite and PC operating systems
- Intermediate knowledge of Retailer POS, call center tools and
Other skills - Required
- Builds strong relationships at all levels.
- Exhibits professional and customer appropriate communications (written and verbal). Listens effectively and demonstrates empathy and understanding of others' concerns. Demonstrates knowledge of techniques needed, and experience in dealing with difficult or demanding customers
- Demonstrates effective technical writing skills and presents information in a professional and engaging manner
- Organizes and plans work effectively. Balances priorities among stakeholders.
- Completes work in a thorough accurate, well thought-out and timely manner and with attention to detail
- Demonstrates initiative and self-motivation. Sets high goals for selfand others and demonstrates a strong sense of urgency
- Achieves results in a high-pressure environment
- Displays sound business judgment and exhibits common sense
- Exhibits a high degree of ethics, integrity and confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrates strong informal coaching and mentoring skills
- Effectively delivers training in area of expertise
- Effectively implements and manages processes
Keys to Success
• Building collaborative relationships
• Decision making
• Drive results
• Foster innovation
• Personal energy
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, and free identity theft insurance.