- Under guidance of the PDC Manager, the Process and Planning Manager leads and designs distribution strategies for improving the operations and processes within MPA. Manages all activities for performance enhancement. Employs planning methodologies and tools in order to accomplish business objectives. Typically requires a bachelor's degree. Also requires experience in operations support warehousing production methods. Manages subordinate staff and affected personnel in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. A true first level manager, this person will ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions related to planning and process improvement initiatives. Extensive knowledge of warehouse processes and operations data necessary to drive actions and determine appropriate resources required to support PDC operations. Position provides and maintains statistical reports with historical data measuring performance and trends and improvement opportunities.
- Collects, creates, and reviews data / information which will be utilized to plan PDC process improvement requirements. Create statistical models and graphic representations for Operational review. Key decisions will be driven from the data and recommendations presented by the Planning leader.
- The Planning Manager should be aware of and utilize, where appropriate, other Parts Department and Fixed Operations programs whose information can be to assist management in the analysis and/or improvement of trends and/or issues disclosed by such research related to PDC efforts. Inter and intra departmental collaboration is expected.
- Support all MPA Operations functions of the assigned Business Unit in order to provide planned operations in the requested format and standard. Work closely within Korean HQ, PDC, MAL and MPA HQ departments to support necessary data and resource needs. Supervise/participate in projects that are led by the PDC operations team. Keep timely control of assignments and projects as assigned. Develop, track, manage and report assigned projects while over-seeing teams from various departments inter-acting within the same project. Present project assignments to leadership weekly or monthly as assigned. Ensure timely completion of report preparation and broadcasting as assigned.
- Planning and Process Subject Matter Expert (SME) managing all aspects of the PDC planning efforts. Establish key planning focuses on activities such as Slotting, order waving, pick sequencing, space utilization, as examples. Driving the Continuous Improvement (CI) philosophy across the organization will be key to this roll. Visual controls throughout the organization are expected. Strong comprehension will be required for the Advanced OEM Operating System (AMOS) and the Warehouse Optimization System (WOS) or equivalent. Additionally elevated managing of the internal MPA parts data warehouse, utilizing access and SQL as the query relates to planning activities. (25%)
- Documents and records: Update Monthly results for reports and trackers for the operations; Update KPI’s, action plans, results and PDC production events; Update monthly reporting requirements-Dashboard, Ad Hoc. (20%)
- Operational Support: Support/Assist leadership and coordinators drive CIP Programs; Create value ad projects and programs planning and processes; Assist coordinating items assigned from projects larger than inter-departmental. (20%)
- Network wide Operations: Co-ordinate metrics related to cost reductions, quality and customer satisfaction with other PDC’s; Manage new collaborations (HMA, KMA, GMA HQ, external); Support leadership/coordinators requests; Benchmark industry peers. (20%)
- Planning Culture: Develop, implement and maintain the MPA Planning culture; Drive planning methodology across key areas such as Labor. (15%)
- KPI’s include Productivity, Lead Time, Put away Pending, Picking Denial, OS&D, Claims, Cycle Counts, Overtime. Each KPI is reviewed annually and a new standard is established. Standards must be met and/or exceeded.
- Develop, manage and drive assigned/created projects and CI programs to ensure proper coordination throughout the teams and organizations.
- Guide and assist others that are supporting planning programs to ensure successful implementation and utilization.
- Pro-actively identify and resolve potential problems or issues that may impact a program, project or PDC/dealer planning conditions. Critical issues are to be discussed with management for visibility, direction and alternative solutions.
- Maintain neat, clean, orderly, safe and secure work and storage areas
- Performs Special Project Work as required at the direction of Management
- Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
- This job requires using discretionary judgment in the every-day functions of the position.
- Major decisions must be reviewed with senior leadership to ensure proper organizational alignment.
- (Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required)
Years of Experience, 5-7 years Additional Experience Requirements
- Prior work experience that is directly related to the assignment.
- Experience in planning such as MPR/MPR2, JIT reporting, line side, kanban are required.
- Prior project management is also a requirement.
- Key focus on previous planning process flow and management are highly valued.
- Computer Skills
- Reasoning Ability
- Use of intermediate software packages (word processing, spreadsheets)
- Deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Strategic Thinking
- Can analyze organizational strengths and weaknesses and then combine these with knowledge of the industry, market and organization to develop long-term strategy.
- Identifies and develops necessary steps to accomplish short and long-term goals (establishing realistic plans to reach them). Allocates required resources, allows for contingencies and ensures that plans fit with the larger needs of the organization. Sets milestones to measure progress along the way.
- Team Management
- Utilizes teams effectively by leveraging each person’s strengths and skillsets. Builds team relationships and positive morale. Manages and resolves conflicts in a constructive manner. Allocates decision making responsibilities to appropriate team members to maximize individual and team effectiveness.
- Project Management
- Manages each stage of a project to ensure that commitments are met in a manner that is timely and within budget. Clearly defines roles and responsibilities, determines necessary resources, and monitors project performance through appropriate systems and procedures.
- Process Management
- Takes a systematic approach in contributing to making the company’s workflow more effective, efficient, and capable of adapting to an ever-changing environment. Able to effectively manage processes related to their job function and all contributing parties from start to finish.
- Able to provide, collect, and organize valuable data in order to submit an accurate analysis of specific facts. This may directly impact the effectiveness of the decision making process, ability to identify patterns, and the improvement of business performance.
- Continuous Improvement
- Ensures work meets or exceeds standards while identifying and implementing ways to make the job process more efficient. Studies best practices that can be applied to improve work tasks and processes. Seeks feedback from colleagues, superiors, and customers. Identifies alternatives to existing job tasks or processes, and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Data Analysis
- Examines data and identifies key facts in order to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and problem solve. Able to identify incorrect or incomplete data and follows up as necessary for additional information or verification. Applies logic to analyze and categorize data, making it easier to spot relationships between information in various forms and sources. Breaks down complex information into component parts and integrates diverse themes and lines reasoning to create new insights or levels of understanding.
- Anticipates and is responsive to the needs of internal teams and external customers. Is committed to delivering high-quality products and services. Efficient at gaining the support of others, building relationships, and managing expectations. Listens carefully to input and feedback, probes for new ideas, and alternative points of view and creates open channels of communication. Keeps others well informed by providing detailed, timely and accurate feedback.
- Problem Solving
- Takes proactive approaches to anticipate and prevent issues. When problems occur, this person is able to define, investigate, gather relevant information, and decide whether the issue requires a group decision. This person also generates and analyzes alternate solutions to arrive at a workable solution. Rarely settles for the quickest solution and/or is taken by surprise when problems occur.
- Time Management
- Prioritizes tasks and manages time to ensure that deadlines are met. Plans his or her time and sticks to those plans. Prevents or manages interruptions until the highest priority tasks are accomplished. Wisely spends time on the most critical and essential needs and is able to eliminate roadblocks and put trivial concerns aside. Is reliable in regards to scheduling and provides appropriate timing expectations.
- Quality / Commitment to Quality
- Committed to pursuing and achieving quality goals. Displays a high standard of performance and completeness. Pays close attention to high-level and low-level details and ensures the utmost accuracy. Strives for continuous improvement.
Complex Problem Solving
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 545630
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Advantage Resourcing is a member of a family of staffing companies owned by parent Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd., based in Tokyo Japan. Advantage Resourcing has offices in the U.S., Canada, UK and Sydney, Australia. The Advantage Resourcing service delivery model is “local market focus”, meaning that Advantage Resourcing learns client requirements for primary skill sets in every local market we serve.
View the full profile
Through our local market intelligence, we acquire resumes, screen and qualify candidates and prepare to deliver talent and solutions to our clients locally. Because of our vast global network, we also service clients who live and work in multiple geographies and countries as needed. It is not uncommon for Advantage Resourcing to manage human resource and staffing solutions for one client in multiple cities, states, and even countries. We are able to find the perfect candidate for a job one mile away, but we can respond to our clients needs whether they be 400 or 4,000 miles away while managing all of the international employment challenges, such as immigration and worker mobility issues, cultural anomalies, and currency conversions.