To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- White Plains, NY
- New York Power Authority
- Phone: 914 287-3798
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Talent Acquisition Associate (01135)
New York Power Authority • White Plains, NY
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Recruitment department provides staffing services to NYPA leaders and associates through full lifecycle recruiting and maintaining excellent relations with hiring managers, candidates, and the community at-large. Delivers high quality professional candidates and advances the NYPA brand across numerous markets and professional communities, while guiding hiring managers and candidates through the NYPA selection process ensuring hiring the best possible talent. Manages the presentation, selection, offer, negotiation, closing and administrative components for each vacancy assigned. Develops and implements innovative, competitive, cost-effective recruiting initiatives to attract a diverse, highly talented, and productive workforce
- Provide exceptional client service and full lifecycle recruiting within NYPA Headquarters
- Write complete and detailed search assignments (client engagement documents), ensuring an understanding of job duties responsibilities and business requirements.
- Visit hiring-manager departments to develop a thorough understanding of the department culture, and use that knowledge to help candidates fully understand the opportunity.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with NYPA leaders, vendors, community organizations, HR disciplines, and other team members to create a partnership that yields success, predictable results and credibility.
- Participate in the development of ongoing creative and cost-effective sourcing strategies.
- Develop an effective pipeline of key talent potentially available for immediate hire as succession planning needs dictate.
- Stay informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art recruiting practices.
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates.
- Leverage online recruiting resources and in-house Powernet to identify and recruit the very best candidates.
- Create and foster relationships with colleges and diverse professional organizations to attract and recruit alumni and diversity candidates.
- Review resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements.
- Prescreen candidates. Create and present prescreening questions to hiring managers for collaboration and approval.
- Interview all candidates presented for detailed interviewing by hiring managers, and include the use of face-to-face behavioral-based interviewing methodologies.
- Manage the scheduling and logistics of all interviews between candidates and hiring managers and all communications with candidates.
- Prepare candidates for interviewing with NYPA and specific hiring managers by providing detailed information on the company, our business strategy, department background, job descriptions, and expectation-setting, thereby providing complete, accurate, and inspiring information to candidates about the company and position.
- Organize, lead and document post-interview debrief/feedback and post-mortems with interview teams and candidates.
- Review hiring manager's interview performance with each candidate and take appropriate action when warranted. Conduct follow-up calls and quality-improvement studies with hiring managers and new hires.
- Perform detailed reference checking and/or reference analysis on selected candidates and reviews results with hiring managers.
- Extend offers of employment to selected candidates under the direction of the hiring managers and within the guidelines of NYPA compensation policy.
- Manage the presentation, selection, offer, negotiation, closing, and administrative components involved in full lifecycle recruiting.
- Maintain accurate and well-ordered documentation on all candidates, searches, hiring managers interactions, and other recruiting activities to ensure a safe and thorough audit if required.
- Review visa and permanent residency requests. Ensure we are in compliance and have up-to-date work authorizations on file. Provide input on procedures. Make recommendations and guide manager/employee through the entire process. Partner with in-house immigration specialist.
- Familiar with laws and regulations related to employment and Equal Employment Opportunity regulations.
- Ability to work comfortably with all levels and all areas of the organization is required
- Strong interpersonal skills (e.g. tact/diplomacy, persuasion, cooperation, negotiations) are required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (e.g., presentation, listening, report writing) are required. Use effective communication approaches that include proactively keeping others informed, appropriately expressing ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form, and timeliness
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are required. Ability to plan long and short term goals to meet business needs.
- Good understanding of the organization and the Human Resource practices. Knowledge of procedures and policies as they relate to recruiting.
- Good negotiation skills to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties
- Ability to identify actions required to accomplish objectives and achieve goals beyond what is required. Must be proactive. Implement new ideas or potential solutions without prompting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or the equivalent.
- Minimum 1- 3 years' experience recruiting technical and professional positions.