To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- White Plains, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Educator - Women's Health
Westmed Medical Group • White Plains, NY
Posted 7 days ago
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing professional nursing care to patients and their families following the nursing process, established standards and practices. Assist physicians and other team members in coordinating patient care. Functions as a resource for support staff (LPNs and Medical Assistants)
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Triage patient calls / documents in phone note / schedules appointment when needed
- Patient follow up post ER visits and hospitalizations
- Ensures Medical Home initiatives and metrics are understood by the support staff.
- Ensures all support staff are functioning to the top of their certification/licensure and as a team
- Evaluates and ensures the clinical competence of the clinical staff
- Develops and implements staff related competencies/education in conjunction with the Director of Clinical Operations
- Provides clinical direction to support staff
- Orients and precepts new clinical staff, provides medication tests and clinical competencies
- Oversees documentation of clinical staff in EMR to assure accuracy in a timely manner
- Vaccine and medication administration
- Monitors the Nurse Schedule (immunizations, therapeutic injections and PPD placement and readings)
- Provide coverage (float) when and where needed within the Westmed Women’s Health office
- Manages the clinical functions and supports the Women’s Health office in the absence of the office manager
- Counseling/Teaching to patient/family
- Assists with procedures/treatments as needed with clinical procedures; NST’s
- Knowledgeable of MA/LPN workflow and provides clinical direction as needed
- Knowledgeable of, medications, drug calculations; documents appropriately
- Monitors quality metrics and dashboards for providers and staff; educates as needed
- Supervises flu clinic
- Oversees reports and delegates to clinical staff as needed
- Assists the manager with analyzing reports, gaps and recommends opportunities for improvement
- Responds to emergencies and performs quality checks of medications/oxygen/refrigerators, etc.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in New York
- Work experience in the Women’s Health field, OBGYN preferred
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Ability to multitask in a busy office setting
- Strong computer skills, EMR preferred
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills, ability to work with minimal supervision
- Exhibit characteristics of positive behavior and strong customer service skills
Westmed Medical Group is a large, award-winning multi-specialty medical practice, with headquarters in Purchase, NY. It is staffed by a team of over 500 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers who are dedicated to providing coordinated, efficient and the highest quality of patient care at its 13 locations in Westchester County, NY and Fairfield County, CT. The practice, known for its one-stop-shopping medical experience for patients, uses state-of-the-art systems and has a national reputation for measured healthcare excellence. Westmed offers 60+ medical specialties and currently has over 1,000 employees. Our mission is to be your trusted partner in comprehensive, lifelong care. The foundation for service excellence at Westmed Medical Group starts with the patient experience and focusing on the complete total care of our patients. Westmed is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Level 3 Medical Home, the highest achievable level. Westmed has been one of 480 Medicare Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) nationwide since 2012, and was ranked a Fortune® 2017 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and in New York State.
Here at Westmed Medical Group, we look for individuals who are interested in and seek a challenging, growth-oriented, dynamic and friendly environment. Individuals with a strong work ethic along with a caring personality are who we find to be most successful here, fitting into our not so basic mantra of simply being “Smart" & “Nice". Our organization is constantly looking to bring on like-minded people who have a genuine interest in helping people and possess an intellectual curiosity to try and do things better and more efficiently. We strive to bring out the best in all of our team members and provide individuals with the support they need to achieve their career aspirations while providing the best quality care to our patients.
We provide a modern office environment, state-of-the-art equipment and technology as well as competitive benefits and salary. Our benefits include medical, dental, free copays for employees who see Westmed physicians, discounted vision glasses, life insurance, AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401k and profit sharing, flexible spending plans, and more. Westmed Medical Group has also been GreatRated! as a Great Place to Work, the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.