At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
We are currently looking for an Technical Support Specialist, to join the team at our Hauppauge office! The Technical Support Specialist provides consulting and troubleshooting services to STERIS Field Service Technicians and Customers regarding escalated complex, high level technical service issues via Technical Support Department phone, computer, and hardware systems. They resolve internal and external customer technical support issues on all STERIS Operating Room Integration (ORI) products and complete all necessary steps to ensure correct information is provided and technical issues are resolved.
- Provide high level technical support and expertise on all brands and models of STERIS Operating Room Integration (ORI) products, past and present to internal and external customers, including but not limited to Customers, sales, service and operational support employees via phone, computer or hardware systems.
- Troubleshoot STERIS products, document all critical failures in real time, independently develop solutions and initiate corrective action for high level issues while working directly working with field technicians, sales associates and/or customers to prevent future issues.
- Collect and assess engineering data to determine opportunities for all STERIS product and process improvement.
- Discover, evaluate, create and initiate service communications to inform service force of product changes, parts substitutions, and maintenance modifications.
- Maintain product knowledge. technical support reference material and assist with review, recommend changes to maintenance manuals, engineering drawings, and other service support reference guides & documentation for all current and non-current STERIS Operating Room Integration (ORI) products.
- Provide periodic assigned on-call, after hour’s technical support to internal and external customers as needed.
- Contribute in validation qualification and serviceability review of new and old STERIS Operating Room Integration (ORI) products.
- Develop and conducts periodic product specific and technical skill training to technicians and Customers in a classroom environment. Participate in regular product and computer skills updates and new product release training to maintain and enhance technical support skills.
- Travel to customer sites when required to assist in field activity (less than 5% of the time).
Skills & Requirements
- Associate’s degree in IT, Engineering or related field required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have at least three (3) years related field experience servicing and repairing IT, AV and computer type equipment or related equipment (mechanical, electronic, electromechanical, etc.). Technical call center experience a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in IT, AV, mechanical, electrical and computer troubleshooting gained from multiple years’ experience.
- Knowledge of engineering drawing, drafting work, wiring schematic practices preferred.
- Knowledge of STERIS Operating Room Integration (ORI) product lines, past and present. Ability to effectively resolve and communicate technical issues via telephone.
- Must be available periodically outside of normal working hours.
- Demonstrated excellent organization, oral and written communications skills. Excellent punctuality and attendance.
- Knowledge of Windows/Linux programing preferred.
- Demonstrated computer knowledge to include word processing, spreadsheets and e-mail computer skills.
STERIS plc is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than 12,000 employees worldwide.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Complex Problem Solving
CareerBuilder Estimated Salary
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 17012
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.