Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The NLP Engineer is a key technical contributor in the design and development of state-of-the-art NLP for medical applications. The NLP Engineer works closely with other NLP engineers, research linguists, software engineers and subject matter experts on current company technologies and forward looking projects.
The successful candidate will have a solid background in Natural Language Processing, Artificial Intelligence with an emphasis on text, Information Retrieval, Information Extraction, and/or associated principles of knowledge representation and ontological design. The successful candidate will be comfortable contributing to research and design, but also demonstrate a willingness to support team members in the ongoing maintenance of existing systems. Solid technical skills are required, as the successful candidate must be able to deliver solutions for use in a production environment.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Enhancement of existing company NLP technologies and extension of those systems to new applications
- Direct support of team members in the maintenance of company NLP systems for production environments and resolution of internal and external customer issues
- Work will involve all aspects of software design and development from system requirements definition to implementation, integration and testing
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Degree in Linguistics, Computer Science, or other Computational discipline
- 2+ years of related professional work experience - significant academic NLP development experience will be considered for exceptional applicants with advanced degree
- Proficiency and experience with at least two of the following: C++, Java, C#, Python, SQL and Regular Expressions
- Knowledge and experience with natural language processing or formal linguistics: morphology, syntax and semantics
- Knowledge of algorithms and techniques within a computational domain with emphasis on text processing
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Engineer, Engineer, NLP Development, C++, Java, C#, Python, SQL, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote