To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Troy, IN 47588
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Engineer / Welding 2
MEGGITT • Troy, IN
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Manufacturing Engineering position will support heat exchanger poducts and provide manufacturing process improvement expertise in a Aluminum Tig Welding and Vacuum Brazing manufacturing enviroment and provides a range of expertise in supporting and improving the manufacturing capabilities to produce products. Contributes to improving a range of fabrication processes that can directly impact the sustaining and growth efforts of operations. Participates in the introduction of new products to the manufacturing and supply chain environment.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Provides significant expertise in developing a range of engineering solutions to improve the manufacture of new and existing Meggitt products
- Improves current production processes to manufacture products, using applicable methods and procedures
- Transfers new products into production from a “design for manufacturability” approach
- Participates in developing and maintaining documentation for processes and designs
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience, judgment and precedents
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years’ Experience: 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in manufacturing environment
- Excellent ability to apply a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving
- Composites manufacturing experience highly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma or other continuous improvement
- Ability to explain a range of complex technical information
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and database management tools
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].