Position Summary- Business Development Specialist
*This position is a salaried position and does not rely on incentives or commission.
Plans, organizes and implements strategies and activities to recruit new Select Employee Groups (SEG) and Select Association Groups (SAG); and conducts activities designed to promote member growth through increased penetration of existing SEG/SAG. Performs duties in compliance with regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
1. SEG Recruitment: Develop and execute a plan for recruiting new Select Employee Groups. including: identifying and cultivating potential SEGs and completing administrative duties associated with finalizing new SEGs.
2. SEG Employee Engagement: Participate in SEG/SAG employee vendor fairs, conferences, and other events to meet and engage SEG/SAG employees face-to-face. Provide information about TTCU products and services and facilitate online account opening at events.
3. SEG Retention: Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with existing SEG/SAG contacts. Engage through ongoing communication to develop understanding of individual SEG/SAG needs and encourage continued affiliation with TTCU. Provide SEG/SAG with marketing communications that keep SEG/SAG informed of products, services, special promotions and events which could benefit SEG/SAG employees.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Research or or other related discipline required
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license
- 3 years' sales and/or development experience strongly preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in banking or credit union with exposure to banking operations and terminology preferred
- Knowledge of financial services and products
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Is an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback; communicates in an open and candid manner and can be counted upon to fulfill any commitments made to others on the team.
Utilizes a variety of communication modalities effectively and appropriately across multiple channels.
Possesses a sufficient level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeps up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise; actively seeks ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development activities.
Relates well to all kinds of people at all levels, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high- tension situations comfortably.
Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with internal and external members which result in member satisfaction with both the process and the outcome.
Plan and Organize
Determines tasks, resources and schedules; leverages resources, and prioritizes work in order to establish best course of action and ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Recognizes and understands own moods, emotions, and drives; is able to utilize feedback and self-reflection productively.
Proactively takes the initiative to accomplish necessary tasks and seize new and often times challenging opportunities.
- Intermediate knowledge with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to learn proprietary computer software such as FSP, OnBase, Touché, Concur and Cisco Agent Desktop
- Excellent sales and member service skills
- Ability to independently manage the details of multiple programs and projects, to track activities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Advanced written and verbal communication skill in building and maintaining professional relationships with internal staff, existing and prospective members, public speaking and presentations.
- Strong ability to network, build and maintain numerous professional relationships.
- Ability to function effectively within a group or team.
- Ability to create an atmosphere which promotes TTCU’s Core Values by maintaining a high level of personal integrity, presenting a friendly, enthusiastic and professional demeanor while providing extraordinary service to members and fostering teamwork among employees.
- Ability to routinely attend after-hours events.
- Routinely perform work indoors in climate controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
- Must be able to occasionally travel or perform work outdoors in sometimes inclement weather.
- Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team.
- Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions.
- Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence.
- Must be able to perform intermediate mathematical calculation with extreme accuracy.
- Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside the organization and demonstrate the highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public.
- Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities.
- Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matter.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and lifting of up to 30 lbs
Capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance
Must be able to operate office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator
Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day
x Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in emergency situation x
Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management
Travel by automobile
Travel by commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation