Full Time | Monday-Friday | 8:00am-5:00pm
Weekly Paychecks | $16.00-$18.00/hour | ~$500- $600/week
Accounting Clerk Overview:
The Accounting Clerk ensures accurate and timely payment of bills and that all assigned work performed follows applicable regulations regarding policies, processes, and procedures.
Accounting Clerk Functions:
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Works overtime as assigned.
- Works cooperatively with others.
- Enters and pays bills accurately daily, confirming that billings agree with purchase orders and bills of lading
- Applies daily deposits to customer ledgers, making sure that payments and wires have been correctly applied
- Attaches check stubs to invoices electronically
- Monitors payment details to ensure receipt
- Contact and follow up with vendors when there is a discrepancy in the bill
- Obtains, mails and emails invoice copies and backup paperwork, as requested
- Researches and processes customer claims of invoice payment. Follow up with approval for the claim and issue and apply credit memos as needed
- Answers phone inquiries and email requests in a timely manner. Follow up the inquiries to resolve the problem and find a solution working with the customer service and logistics teams
- Calls and/or mails correspondence to customers as necessary to update accounts and make sure we have the correct address, contact person and working phone numbers to contact the customer AP department
- Tracking and reconciling inventories.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
Other Accounting Clerk Duties:
- Assists with special projects
- Posting daily deposits
- Ordering of all office supplies
- Handling petty cash for sales and reimbursements
- Run office errands
- Other duties as assigned
Accounting Clerk Requirements:
- Knowledge of basic accounting research techniques used to identify issues
- Advanced Typing/10 key/Computer Skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Able to adapt to changing needs
- Skilled at meeting deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be dependable
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail/accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills
- Skilled at managing multiple tasks and heavy workload
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to work on a team
- Ability to be proactive, anticipate work needs, and follow-through with minimal direction
- Demonstrates “Intellectual Curiosity” to recognize errors to understand the cause and to take corrective action.
Accounting Clerk Required Experience:
- 2+ years of general accounting clerk experience, preferably accounts payable
- Attention To Detail
- Stress Management
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
- Accounts Payable