Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Provides administrative support to meet the needs of INSCOM staff. The position is covered under the Service Contract Act (SCA).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proficient in Defense Travel System, personnel and action officers as necessary by coordinating agenda items and itinerary with Headquarters Staff members, personnel and action officers at travel sites.
- Ability to coordinate assigned administrative program functions within INSCOM, ensuring compliance with applicable INSCOM, and HQDA administrative program guidelines and procedures.
- Performs general office, administrative, personnel and receptionist functions in support of INSCOM to include but not be limited to review, edit, revise, log, route, tack and update a variety of correspondence to include requests from external audit organizations for information, documentation and meetings
- Prepares correspondence IAW army Regulation 25-50, file documents, duplicate copies as required, track the status of all in-coming suspense items, receive in-coming mail and distribute to the appropriate section.
- Schedule conference rooms and notify required attendees of scheduled meetings, Prepare all correspondence including flyers, slides and meeting agendas, and assist in the setup and cleanup of the meeting space as required.
- Compile office supply requests form subordinate sections and maintain the status of supply orders, manage select Staff members’ calendars, schedule appointments and make arrangements for conferences, travel, hotel and rental car accommodations using the Defense Travel System.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Possess a Department of Defense Top Secret/SCI clearance with T5.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years of commensurate experience.
- 5 years experience at the senior-level, supporting high-OPTEMO, multi-faceted organizations.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must have excellent proof reading/attention to detail skills
- Have data base entry abilities (updating existing databases
- Have the ability to interpret regulatory guidance
- Proficient in Customer Service Skills (responding to inquiries/subordinates/command group and higher level command)
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have excellent keyboarding skills
- Proficient with a broad range of Microsoft Office Programs
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 13 products
- Knowledge of office machines in order to print, scan and fax documents.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is typically performed in a controlled office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Additional Qualifying Factors:
As a condition of employment, must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results. May be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. Must have or be eligible for security clearances. May require occasional travel.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042, a candidate for this position may be required to provide proof of vaccination status for COVID-19 and will be subject to the provisions and/or exceptions of EO 14042 and applicable law.
The Tatitlek Corporation gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to Tatitlek shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Tatitlek Corporation recognizes that our strength lies in our people. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment, in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected
veteran status or employment.
- Agenda Development
- Attention To Detail
- Brochure Design
- Classified Information