Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont ([ Link removed ] ) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont's core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname. Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont's industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
About this role
This position will be directly responsible for all aspects of the design, maintenance, and support of the organization's Mine Connectivity networks, including Surface and Underground sites.
In this role you will
Here is a snapshot of what your day to day will look like:
- We take a lead role as Global Mine Connectivity Network service owner, working closely with Newmont IT and OT teams, Business Partners, and Mobile Network Operators.
- We develop technical solutions for Mine Connectivity Network, ensuring requirements meet Newmont connectivity use cases, standards, SLAs, and support.
- We develop technical requirements for device connectivity via cellular technology, WIFI, fiber and cabling means of connectivity, and provide recommendations for effective use of this technology in mining environment.
- We build solutions to connectivity, reliability, and performance issues.
- We develop, promote and adhere to Newmont’s methodologies, policies, procedures and standards.
- We ensure all state, federal and national communication licensing and compliance requirements are met.
- We lead geographically diverse team of engineers, providing monitoring, incident response, resolution, and problem management.
- We mentor and train Mine Connectivity team and partners
- We build and nurture relationships across Business Units, Partners, and Vendors.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Your training, skills, & experience checklist
Here is what we would need to see from you!
- 10-15 years of experience in support, service management, specification, design, development, and deployment of digital networks and communication systems
- Expert understanding of Cisco wireless and wired Network architecture, design, configuration, and operations is required
- Extensive practical knowledge of switching and routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP).
- Solid grasp of general Network and Security fundamentals.
- Device and network performance analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Solid grasp of 802.11 standards, wireless technologies, P2P backhaul, two-way radio, 5G, LTE, Cisco WLC; be able to use tools such as Cisco DNA, Prime Infrastructure, AirMagnet Spectrum, Ekahau Pro, or other Survey and RF tools, to design and support WLANS.
- Solid grasp of Hirschmann or Cisco industrial equipment lines
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead technical discussions (internally and externally with vendors).
- Validatechnical success in a fast paced, results-oriented engineering environment.
- Ability to work independently, and mentor others.
- Experience working for a Global multi-national corporation
- Large-scale network design tailored for availability and performance.
- Experience with real time industrial, and VoIP or LTE/5G environments.
- Exposure to mining specific network technologies, applications, and tools.
Working conditions & location
- Bachelor of Science in the related field - Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science.
- Possessing active certifications: Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), or Certified Wireless Network Professional (CWNP), is a strong plus.
Where you will be located!
- The preferred location for this position is the Denver Corporate office and Newmont may support relocation to Denver for qualified candidates. However, qualified candidates in other US locations are also encouraged to apply
- Travel as the need arises, both domestic and internationally. Maintain valid travel documents, allowing unrestricted travel to and from USA.
The salary range offered for this role is $111,000 to 145,635. The salary range is tied to the Colorado market for jobs performed in Colorado. The salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, training, and/or experience. The salary offer will not be based on a candidate’s salary history at other jobs, and by law, Newmont will not seek information about salary history, and candidates should not share such information with Newmont.
This role will be eligible for participation in a discretionary annual bonus program, pursuant to which an employee may be awarded a percentage of their salary based on the company’s performance and their own individual performance.
Newmont offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package to support physical, mental, financial and emotional wellbeing. This role will be eligible for the following benefits: Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; health savings accounts; life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; short and long-term disability; 401(k) program with company match; pension; financial planning; employee assistance program (EAP); adoption assistance; dependent scholarship program; tuition reimbursement; paid holidays and paid time off; paid family leave; matching gifts; and discounts on home, auto and pet insurance. All bonuses and benefits are subject to the applicable eligibility and program/plan terms and may be modified or terminated at Newmont’s sole discretion.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert
- Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocols
- Border Gateway Protocol
- Open Shortest Path First
- Routing Protocols