Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
DO WORK THAT MATTERS
At Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to create life-changing solutions that help people live healthier lives. In 150 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott offers you enormous opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager - Hospital within our Abbott Rapid Diagnostics business.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere) is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry-leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The scope of this position is responsible for establishing and achieving Identified sales goals for the Infectious Disease portfolio. Sales goals and objectives for these products will be assigned to a territory in support of the Company’s overall strategic plan. The position is primarily focused on specific markets and customers as directed by the Company. As
required to support Company priorities, this focus can be modified and/or expanded to include other markets and customers.
- Identify sales opportunities and capitalize on them.
- Establish, develop and maintain the business and client relationships.
- Strategic development of POC Sales opportunities.
- Implement sales, marketing and national account programs as directed by management.
- Build and maintain a strong competitive product knowledge
- Contribute to the region’s growth by understanding the AE’s objectives and goals
- Assist with the management of complex sales by providing technical expertise
- Meet established sales goals and objectives while maintaining territory budget.
- Plan, coordinate and manage the sales performance of the distributor sales force(s) in the assigned territory. Train and develop these sales force(s) to establish and maintain the ability to effectively represent Abbott’s products in the marketplace.
- Support distribution partners in the sale of products, including training, sales meetings, technical expertise, and marketing support of the Abbott product lines and distributor private branded products.
- Act as a resource for contract negotiation, pricing, proposal, bid preparation and all customer follow-up.
- Identify customer issues and resolve sales related difficulties
- BA/BS in sales, marketing, business management or life science
- 6+ years’ experience in medical diagnostics or business-to-business sales.
- Understanding and experience working with Distribution Partners
- Strong knowledge of sales techniques and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability in execution of sales strategies
- Proven successful POC (point of care) /Capital Equipment sales experience.
- Business To Business
- Complex Sales
- Contract Negotiation