POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse
SCHEDULE: Full-time / 11p-7a (Days off T/TH/EOW)
FACILITY: Illinois River Correctional Center
LOCATION: Canton, IL
Our competitive rates start at $24.27 per hour! We offer attractive shift differentials for this shift; $2.00 per hour for the 11pm-7am shift on top of the hourly rate!
We are also offering a $1500 Sign on bonus which is paid out after 30 days of employment! That's a nice little bonus to help out with some Christmas shopping!
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health is proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan with partial match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford Health manager and clinical supervision from the Director of Nursing, Registered Nurses, Medical Director and/or IDOC personnel as appropriate, the LPN is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation; Under the guidance of Registered Nurses, directs and guides patient teaching activities commensurate with education and demonstrated competencies.
The Licensed Practical Nurse shall provide a range of services to the center including assessment, medication delivery, non-professional nursing care duties and assisting Registered Nurses and medical personnel. Under the supervision of a Physician or Registered Nurse, performs non-professional nursing care duties in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary in the housing units.
- Assists in planning individual treatment programs by utilizing available resources in planning care and consults with registered nurses, physicians and correctional officers.
- Assists in implementing individual treatment programs in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the housing unit.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Implements medical plan through administering medications and intervention in accordance with physician instructions.
- Documents nursing encounters, patient response, effectiveness, complications, etc., and communicates information to supervisory personnel and physicians, in accordance with physician orders. Observes, records and reports symptoms, reactions, and changes in the condition of all patients.
- Uses available in-house resource personnel and departments for treatment/consultation. Carries out designated nursing procedures.
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients.
- Takes vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure).
- Applies and changes dressings.
- Provides for emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Currently licensed as an LPN in the state of Illinois
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year clinical experience
Licensed Practical Nurse
Registered Nurse Certified