This position has the responsibility for assisting with the implementation, maintenance, and development of the strategic vision for our vehicle fleet and plans for realizing that vision. Scope of the
The company’s operation encompasses a fleet size of approximately 5,000 vehicles.
Essential Job Duties:
Work closely with field operations and other internal customers to continually identify and implement improvements in business processes focused on growing sales, improving customer satisfaction, and deliver heightened cost-efficiency in fleet management.
- Work with third parties and internal staff to establish and direct the maintenance of an accurate, comprehensive database of fleet vehicles and related metrics.
- Work collaboratively with field operations to ensure strategic sourcing best practices are followed for the purchase of fleet vehicles, support services, parts, and supplies.
- Work collaboratively with Finance to determine optimal financing arrangements (lease or purchase) for fleet operations equipment and support services.
- Ensure appropriate matches of vehicle and equipment specifications to operational needs.
- Provide functional strategy to determine the optimal fleet size, life-cycle replacement planning, and capital requirements. Work collaboratively with business managers and the Finance team to establish annual budgets for fleet-related items.
- Manage the internal transfer and reallocation of fleet assets between company locations to optimize utilization for short-term and long-term needs.
- Manage the process for the determination and disposition of excess and obsolete fleet equipment.
- Administer and further develop current programs for fuel management, maintenance management, titling, registration, permitting, equipment rental, and short-term sourcing using third-party providers and internal staff.
- Administer and further develop appropriate key performance indicators (KPIs), administer KPI tracking program, and coach field management to achieve the best possible fleet-related performance.
- Ensure that fleet-related policies, procedures, and organizational design align with operational needs.
- Ensure that company-wide fleet operations are compliant with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies including but not limited to DOT regulations.
- Create optimal flexibility in the fleet program to respond to business seasonality.
- Seek out new and innovative approaches to enhance the Company’s fleet-related performance.
- Maintain and further develop working relationships with a network of third-party service providers of transportation/fleet management systems for maximum effectiveness.
- Remain current with industry / general business trends that impact company fleet costs, service levels, and supplier network.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience: Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Business Management, Engineering, Logistics, or Transportation. Two+ years of experience in a leadership role in a high-performance organization managing a sizable fleet operation and/or supply chain organization. Experience and proficiency in strategic sourcing negotiations for purchases of fleet vehicles, equipment, supplies, support services, leasing, and rental agreements.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of maintenance programs, fuel management, vehicle purchase/leasing (truck selection) programs. Knowledge of regulatory and other compliance programs at the state and federal level, fleet cost reduction, and titling and registration programs. Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment: Must have the ability to work under conditions of frequent interruptions and be attentive to detail. This position requires a moderate amount of travel, approximately 25%.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Leasing (Contract Law)
- Best Practices
- Strategic Sourcing