To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Volunteers of America
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance Supervisor-Full Time
Volunteers of America National Services • Anchorage, AK
Posted 1 month ago
Come join the Volunteers of America- we are seeking a friendly, passionate and energetic candidate to join our team in our working environment.
We are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor to join our housing community and supervise both the Trailside Heights and Lumen Park Apartment Complex in Anchorage, AK!
***This is a Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm salaried position! Must be willing to work ON-CALL to address emergencies and will be required to drive to pick up supplies. ***
POSITION SUMMARY: The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for overall maintenance of property and the supervision of the maintenance staff.
- Participate in or supervise all maintenance projects, assign work orders to maintenance personnel, and ensure all work is done properly and on a timely basis.
- Inspect grounds and building exterior, as required by Community Administrator, to ensure safe working and living conditions.
- Responsible for inventory control of maintenance supplies and utilization of maintenance equipment.
- Maintain accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, service requests, apartment make-ready, and periodic inspections.
- Maintain MSDS book and instruct maintenance staff in its use.
- Maintain adequate lighting for interior and exterior of property.
- Make recommendations to Community Administrator on necessary maintenance repairs, preventive maintenance, and property improvements.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer's recommendations.
- Supervise lawn, grounds and maintenance staff.
- Supervise outside repairs and contract work authorized by the Community Administrator.
- Assist with other projects as assigned by the Community Administrator.
- Coordinate and work on-call to insure that 24 hour maintenance on-call is provided to the properties.
- At least one year of experience in building maintenance.
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity preferred.
- High School diploma or its equivalent.
- Must be capable of using and climbing extension ladder to access roof, windows, and siding to make repairs as needed.
- Must be able to lift and carry fifty (50) lbs.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to perform emergency maintenance as requested.
- May be required to live on site.
ABOUT VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA: Volunteers of America is a national, nonprofit, faith-based organization dedicated to helping those in need live healthy, safe and productive lives. Since 1896, our ministry of service has supported and empowered America's most vulnerable groups. Through hundreds of human service programs, including housing and health care, Volunteers of America helps more than 2.5 million people in 400 communities. Our work touches the mind, body, heart and ultimately the spirit of those we serve, integrating our deep compassion with highly effective programs and services.