We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to join our team in Kingstowne, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The selected candidate will serve as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO)/alternate ISSO (AISSO) for one or more major Federal IT information systems. He/she will take part in conducting structured security Certification and Accreditation, or Ongoing Authorization (if applicable) activities utilizing the NIST Risk Management Framework and in compliance with the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) requirements. As a member of the directorate Security Team, the candidate will assist the review of technical, management and operational Security Controls in accordance with the National Institute of Standards and Technology SP 800-53 (Rev. 4) and DHS Sensitive Systems Policy Directive 4300A to ensure the completeness and effectiveness of the IT system’s information technology and security solutions.
The candidate will perform at least most of the following:
• Conduct continuous monitoring and periodic self-inspections of computer systems to confirm security compliance with aforementioned guidance and other policy directives, and proactively support reporting of progress to management, and make recommendations for improvements as needed.
• Review Nessus, Webinspect, and DBProtect security scans, communicate vulnerabilities to technical stakeholders, and track them to remediation.
• Review DHS ISVM alerts for applicability to CBP systems, communicate them to technical stakeholders, and track them to remediation.
• Support development of management briefings on the security posture of assigned system(s).
• Assist directorate with security-related data call responses and/or audit responses
• Review and approve/deny system change requests as required.
• Verify that configuration management is appropriate for all Information Systems (IS). software and hardware, including that change control requirements are documented and tracked.
• Support periodic reviews (re-certifications) of Privileged user accounts (Developer, Admin, etc.).
• Assist periodic physical security walkthrough inspections of work area if needed.
In summary, the candidate will help to make certain that Certification and Accreditations (C&A) documents, Risk Elements, Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M), Security Plans, Contingency Plans, privacy documentation and other security artifacts are maintained and updated in accordance with DHS and CBP policies. As needed, the candidate will participate in the CBP change, configuration, and release management process to help verify that an appropriate security level is maintained in system lifecycles. The candidate will be relied upon to help ensure that management is kept apprised of all pertinent security systems issues they encounter. They will also asked to use a security monitoring and auditing solution utilizing a COTS product (i.e. SPLUNK) in accordance with industry-wide best practices.
Required Skills, Knowledge:
• Must be a self-starter who is proactive, efficient with their time, and able to prioritize a multitude of daily tasks in a dynamic environment.
• Must be customer-focused and possess the ability to identify issues, analyze, and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of moderately complex technical problems.
• Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees and be able to represent the organization as a knowledgeable resource.
• Must have the ability to obtain (or currently possess) and maintain a CBP Background Investigation (similar to a Public Trust).
• As needed, must be able to contribute to the development of new security processes and procedures and be knowledgeable in one or more information technology areas.
• Basic understanding of information system networks and/or cloud computing is also desired.
BS with 10 years overall experience or equivalent work experience (at least one year) in the Information Assurance / Cybersecurity field with and at least one of the following security certifications is preferred:
• CompTIA: Security +
• CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
• CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker
• CISM: Certified Information Security Manager
• GIAC: Global Information Assurance Certification
• CCSP: Certified Cloud Security Professional
Clearance – Must pass CBP BI.
Citizenship – Must be a US Citizen.
Job Location – 5971 Kingstowne Village Parkway, Alexandria, VA. 22315
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Fire Control Systems