To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Memphis, TN
- US Autopost
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Analyst, Revenue Accounting
Hilton Corporate • Memphis, TN
Posted 2 months ago
Hilton's Finance team is responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) manages the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provides Hilton Team Members the chance for challenging career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.
What will I be doing?
The Analyst, Revenue Accounting will work with the Team Lead of Revenue Accounting on Revenue Accounting activities, such as the coding and reconciliation of revenue from rooms, banquets/events, third parties, outlets, rebates and promotions, for over 75 hotels. The Analyst will be responsible for balancing and coding previous day's work, identifying variances and associated adjustments, and preparing a summary of audit outcomes.
- Balance credit card transactions from point of sales system to system of record
- Collate Banquet Event Orders (BEO) banquet checks, and dialing event lists for revenue balancing by the Senior Analyst
- Review and process adjustments based on identified variances and prepare a summary report of the balancing outcomes
- Compile the management package for hotel management to validate the outcome of Revenue Accounting/balancing activities
- File and archive all documents according to taxing authority requirements
- Report results to others to explain and decipher findings
- Build positive partnerships of both constructive and dynamic working relationships with other finance departments and corporate departments you support
- Collaborate with your Team Lead and Manager to establish specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish both project and department goals/ initiatives
- Attend staff meetings pertinent to work assignments
- Research and respond to information requests from internal departments and management
- Perform other duties as assigned required for the continued success and growth of department and to meet changing business needs
What are we looking for?
- Critical thinkers who use both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills - including the use of logic and reasoning - to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Decision makers who exercise sound judgment, consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions, and who provide recommendations for optimal solutions
- Extraordinary communicators who will positively influence Hilton's partners with excellent comprehension skills
- Self-starters who take initiative in implementing goals, and operate with a cool-head under time constraints, effectively handle concurrent demands, and prioritize responsibilities
- Accountable individuals who effectively exceed in meeting deadlines, communicating results, and recommending improvements
- Ability to quickly learn new programs when required
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- High School Degree/ GED
- Zero to Three (0-3) years of professional Accounting experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Travel up to 10% of the time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Four to Five (4-5) years of professional Accounting experience
- Hospitality industry experience
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!