To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Augusta, ME 04330
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IT Security Architect (Smart Grids) (ASC 56914) Augusta, ME, US
AVANGRID, Inc • Augusta, ME
Posted 10 days ago
Publication date: 16.01.2019 REFERENCE: 5086782905
Company: AVANGRID Service Company (ASC) Department: Operational Smart Grids Job Title: Security Architect (Smart Grids) Reports to: Director, Control Systems & Automation Location: Augusta, ME, US Cross Company Responsibility: Yes
Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of Smart Grids electronic security architecture to ensure the security, reliability, availability, integrity of our domain and compliance with our cyber security programs.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIIES:
1. General Management: This position is responsible for working with teams comprised of multiple levels and skills in a geographically dispersed environment and works with other technology teams in a global environment.
2. Strategy and Security Architecture: Understanding corporate strategy and using this knowledge to assist in developing and implementing Smart Grids security architecture for our domain of cyber assets associated with Energy Control Systems and Smart Grid technologies. The position will be responsible for identifying and assessing security solutions to meet compliance and operational needs and ensuring the security solutions are implemented in a suitable and supportable manner.
3. Operational Processes & Compliance: Responsible for ensuring robust enterprise security processes and governance across the Smart Grids technology domain. Responsible for full attainment of security solutions performance, availability, recoverability and compliance requirements.
4. Maintain Secure Environment: responsible for ensuring Smart Grids infrastructure and applications are maintained in a Best In Class fashion that exceeds our compliance requirements by; a. Developing strategic plan, conduct plan reviews; prepare and complete implementation plans; ensure security architecture alignment for existing and new systems; resolve problems; conduct self-assessment audits; support internal and external audits, identify security trends; deliver system improvements; manage change implementation b. Support financial requirements by preparing budgets and managing expenditures; c. Protects computer assets by developing and
implementing security strategies.
5. Security Awareness: Direct development of Smart Grids security awareness, by conducting orientation and training programs. Advises senior management by identifying critical security issues and recommending risk-reduction solutions.
Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field with a minimum of seven years of IT or related experience. Will consider additional years of relevant experience in lieu of the degree requirement. Professional certifications in IT/Cyber Security preferred. • Prior leadership, supervisor or project management experience. Working knowledge of the regulatory environment for utility companies including NERC-CIP.
• Strong leadership and communication skills • Strong analytical, complex problem solving and successful negotiation skills • Experience with Information Technology/Cyber security architecture, design and implementation • Experience with information security practices related to NERC CIP, PCI, SOX, Application and Network Security. • Experience implementing security at the application and operating system levels • Experience with security areas such as Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, continuous security monitoring, centralized log management, network switches, network routers, network design, VPN implementation, TCP/IP communication, Proxy Servers, Reverse Proxy Servers, Wireless Security user authentication, performing information security assessments, computer forensics, anti-virus, patch evaluation, event monitoring systems, and network analysis • Experience with mainstream IT Technologies, such as products from Sun (Oracle and Solaris), IBM, Microsoft, Cisco technologies and products and Open Source products (Linux). • Experience with network, server and desktop hardware and software technologies • Experience with remote access and wireless communications and technologies • Results oriented and proactive • Strong project management skills • MS Office Suite including Microsoft Project
This opportunity will offer
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination
against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]