To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cheyenne, WY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Process Safety Management Engineer
Dyno Nobel Inc • Cheyenne, WY
Posted 19 days ago
Who We Are
Dyno Nobel is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide innovative blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America, Australia and selected customers in the Asia Pacific.
Join us in everything that’s great about Dyno Nobel: OUR culture, OUR values, OUR commitment to safety and most importantly our PEOPLE. This combination makes Dyno Nobel a terrific place to work.
Dyno Nobel is a subsidiary of Australian based Incitec Pivot Limited. IPL's 4500 employees also manufacture and market industrial chemicals and fertilizer products & services to customers around the world.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Site R&I Manager, you will be the expert in assisting the Plant with resolving, implementing and delegating the PSM requirements. You will be part of a dynamic team who manages the PSM effort across the Site. Other duties will include:
- Guides the Site Staff to ensure facility compliance with OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) and EPA Risk Management Plan (RMP) rules.
- Oversees the Site’s Process Safety Management system, providing PSM-guidance to individual PSM-element leaders at the Site. Ensures effective coordination between the various elements (such as the review of pertinent MOC’s and Incident investigation during PHA analyses)
- Coordinates the Site’s Risk Management process, including: coordinate entry and update of the Risk events in the Register; facilitate Risk Bowtie analyses for Material (Consequence 5-6) Risks; guide the Site to effective use of Baseline vs Situational Risk designation; facilitate the Critical Control Management Plans (CCMP’s) and Critical Control Verifications (CCV’s)
- Facilitates Process Hazard Analysis and Layers of Protection Analysis studies
- Owns and audits various existing process safety programs such as Management of Change (MOC) program at the Site
- Drives process safety corrective actions to closure;
- Sets and tracks goals and measures for PSM program improvement;
- Develops and Coordinates process safety training at the site;
- Performs site PSM self-audits;
- Participates in process safety audits at other plants;
- Participates in corporate-wide process safety networks including Risk Management to develop and update process safety-related initiatives.
- Serves as the Site contact point for Regulatory agencies (such as EPA, OSHA, DOT) on activities tied with Process Safety Management and Risk Management
What We’re Looking For:
- BS Degree in engineering (Chem., Mech., or Elect.)
- Minimum 5 years in chemical plant operations; preferred 3-5 years of managing Process Safety Management
- Technical: Intermediate computer skills including MS Office. AutoCAD experience a plus.
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and team player
What We Offer:
- Vacation time + 10 paid holidays + a couple of PTO days
- Full health benefits including employer HSA contributions + dental plan with an orthodontic option, wellness coaching available
- Up to a 4% 401k match PLUS additional company contribution from 1% to 5% based on years of service
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Friendly and supportive coworkers
Zero Harm for Everyone Everywhere
Value People – Respect, Recognize & Reward
Think Customer. Everyone. Every day
Treat the Business as our Own
Care for the Community & our Environment
Challenge & Improve the Status Quo
Deliver on our Promises
Dyno Nobel is an equal employment opportunity employer and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.