To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pottstown, PA 19464
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
MSC Core and Security Engineer II (2nd Shift / 100% Remote)
ePlus inc. • Pottstown, PA
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SECOND SHIFT, 3:00 to 11:30 PM - 100% REMOTE CAPABILITY
Are you up to the challenge? At ePlus, we engineer transformative technology solutions for the most visionary companies in the world. This takes imagination, relentless client service, and the tenacity to enable our clients to achieve their visions. Our partnerships with leading edge technology manufacturers—many of which look to us for their own technology infrastructure needs—keep us immersed across the broad spectrum of the IT ecosystem.
As an MSC Core and Security Engineer II, you will provide ePlus MSC and clientele with Network, Security and Systems support to maximize stability, availability, security and functionality within the production environment. As a customer-interfacing contact, you will work to solve pressing business issues and drive positive change. You will leverage technology, advance ePlus MSC services and provide feedback.
From strategy to fulfillment to managed services, our engineering centric solutions enable our clients to realize what it means for technology to do more.
Network and Security support as it applies to ePlus MSC and ePlus MSC client base.
- Service Delivery — Ensure IT assets are highly available and properly deployed in order to maximize ePlus service capability. Utilize company applications like FastTrack, Service Desk, LiveLink and email to ensure prompt reliable coverage.
- Network, Security, IPT and Systems Integration and Support — Define, assist in the management, test, implement, and deploy new and existing technologies as it pertains to Security, MSC services and client networking.
- Security and Continuity — Strive where possible to mitigate geographic and environment risks. Set a high standard for technical implementations to ensure the security and confidentiality of ePlus and customer assets and intellectual properties.
- Change Management — Assess ePlus MSC and customer conditions and recommend operational changes. Log all material work, tasks and system changes in Fast Track and Service Desk.
- Documentation - Periodic reviews internal process and control documentation as relates to IT Infrastructure, IT Operations and to Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Ensure proper recordkeeping of all licenses, agreements, entitlements, and invoice approvals as relates to the MSC
- Administration — Ensure access control rights to all individuals are properly authorized and evidenced.
Your Corporate Responsibilities:
Internal Control responsibilities vary by role and are subject to change. Please discuss your individual internal control responsibilities with your immediate supervisor on a regular basis.
- Log all system and process changes in the change management application.
- Ensure all application and access control changes are authorized by management.
- Ensure all application changes are properly tested.
- Ensure all application and business changes are properly reflected in the SOX Internal Control Directives (ICD's).
- Handle confidential matters and information professionally.
- Conduct business in a professional, competent and ethical manner.
- Adhere to corporate policies and procedures.
- Strong background in Cisco Routers (i.e. Cisco 7200, 3700,2600), Cisco Catalyst Switches (i.e. 6500, 5500, 3750) using IOS and CatIOS
- Strong understanding of IP addressing/subnetting/VLSM and CIDR Adept in current Security technologies
- QOS configuration and tuning for VOICE and applications sensitive to latency
- An understanding of network routing protocols: BGP, EIGRP, OSPF etc
- Working skills with switching technologies/concepts (i.e. Spanning-tree, VLAN, 802.1q, SPAN, VACL and Etherchannel)
- Good understanding of current network monitoring and management tools
- Experience with Sniffer-type data analysis, filtering and diagnostics
- Strong attention-to-detail and follow-up skills; customer-focused and results-oriented attitude
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Willingness to coordinate and work with others
- Willingness to be on call, 7x24x365 and attend to technical issues outside of normal business hours
- 5%-10% travel per month may be required
Education and Experience:
- Technical Certification in Cisco CCNA with significant progress toward a CCNP certification
- 3-5 years of experience in network engineering, security, networking and infrastructure support
- Technical Certifications like Checkpoint, Microsoft, HP or Linux are a plus, but not required
Physical Requirements of Position:
Ability of finger dexterity to be used primarily to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects or pinching fingers together. Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and / or fingers. Speech ability must be at a level where one must convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly. Hearing ability must be at a level to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information. Visual ability must be average with ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery. May have to exert or lift up to 10 — 20 pounds of force occasionally.