Ritter Communications has been at the forefront of the local communications industry for more than a century. We began providing telephone service in Northeast Arkansas in 1906. Since then, Ritter has become a regional telecommunications provider delivering a broad and competitive range of communications products and services to businesses and residents in Northeast and North Central Arkansas and West Tennessee. By providing our Business Services customers with the most innovative and integrated technology and services, we’re dedicated to reducing their costs and maximizing their profits with customized connectivity solutions. Our Residential Services customers enjoy lightning fast Internet speeds, cable TV and HDTV and reliable local and long distance phone service. Our services are delivered and supported by a dependable team of local industry experts
We are looking for an experienced Business Account Representative to join our Customer Care team!
Our Business Account Representative serves as a primary point of contact for business customers. This role is responsible for placing orders with vendors, overseeing installation of products and services, and ensuring customer satisfaction and support through direct contact with customers. The Business Account Representative consistently delivers high-quality services to internal and external clients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Places orders with telecommunications companies and long distance providers in order to provide integrated business services;
- Serves as a subject matter expert regarding services and products provided to business customers, such as Web hosting, email hosting, data backup, internet service, phone service, phone systems and email;
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements, keeping all team members and upper management informed of the project's current status;
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope;
- Effectively communicates with the Service Technician group to ensure service and products are installed in a timely manner and working properly when the project is completed; Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully;
- Provides customer service by assisting customers with new service requests, billing inquires, repair issues, and account changes;
- Anticipates client needs and proposes alternative technical solutions;
- Develops relationships with business clients through personal contact;
- Serves as a brand ambassador for the company through involvement in local organizations;
- Assists with directory compilation by updating directory information as appropriate;
- Prepares purchase orders for customer premise equipment;
- Coordinates on time delivery of customer premise equipment to job sites for installation;
- Enters all customers billing information into billing software;
- Conducts onsite visits to customer sites during the discovery, development, and ongoing support stages of the business relationship;
- Travels to customer sites, project areas, business related events, and other Ritter Communications locations as required;
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by Business Customer Service Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures;
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of company products and services;
- Knowledge of telephony and data services to create proposals and coordinate installations;
- Knowledge of written communication practices, procedures and formats;
- Knowledge of GUI software applications, i.e. billing systems, accounting systems, and vendor order systems (i.e. AT&T and long distance provider);
- Knowledge of various operating systems, Word, Excel, Explorer and Outlook;
- Skill in identifying problems and resolutions;
- Skills in prioritizing and completing multiple projects;
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as a personal computer, copier, fax, and telephone systems;
- Skill in oral and written communication;
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail;
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions;
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to effectively function as a team player;
- Ability to travel for business requirements; must possess a valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent customer service work experience required. Telecommunications experience preferred.
Ritter Communications is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We strive to maintain a drug-free workplace.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, cancer, accident and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, free gym membership, company discounts, tuition reimbursement, paid training, paid leave, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Attention To Detail