To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hodgkins, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
UPS Professional • Hodgkins, IL
Posted 12 days ago
UPS is currently seeking a reliable Automotive Technician to join our outstanding fleet maintenance team. He/She will maintain a diverse range of equipment including delivery vehicles, heavy duty on road tractors and trailers from a variety of manufacturers. Powered vehicle propulsion includes diesel, gasoline and alternative technology power plants (including compressed natural gas, liquefied natural gas, propane, hybrid and electrical in some locations). Automotive Technicians must be skilled in troubleshooting and maintaining various systems including hydraulic brakes, air brakes, electrical and engine control. If you're looking for an exciting career in the automotive industry, we want to hear from you!
Automotive Technicians must be willing to work 2nd or 3rd shifts, including Monday through Friday, Sunday through Thursday as well as Tuesday through Saturday schedules, depending on the location’s need. UPS offers attractive wages, benefits and paid vacations. Uniforms are also provided. Automotive Technicians must possess the required hand tools required to perform the applicable job assignment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Meets D.O.T requirements and CDL qualifications required by job assignment
- Bends, stoops, squats, kneels, crouches, crawls, climbs ladders and stairs, stands, walks, and turns/pivots frequently throughout duration of workday
- Sits infrequently, as required, throughout duration of workday
- Exercises simple hand grasping, power hand grasping, fine hand manipulation, and reaching from foot level to above shoulder level as necessary to complete assigned tasks
- Operates standard and manual transmission
- Operates power and pneumatic tools
- Meets all requirements to be Power Industrial Truck Operations (PITO) certified
Knowledge and Skills
- Current documented automotive mechanical experience
- Experience using diagnostic equipment, scan tools and personal computer
- Possesses full complement of personal hand tools
- Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Works full time shifts: 8-10 hours per day, 4-5 days per 7-day week
- Dependable with ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and complete scheduled workday on a consistent basis
- Available to work varying shifts, additional hours and/or overtime depending on service needs
- Wears personal protective equipment as required
- Works in an environment with variable temperatures and humidity (climatic conditions), exposure to cleaning materials, petroleum products, dust, dirt, and noise, outside inclement weather, etc.
- Works cooperatively in a diverse work environment
- Communicates effectively through sight, hearing, and/or otherwise, to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law