To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fishers, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Default Mortgage Servicing Ops Specialist (CWCOT)
Freedom Mortgage • Fishers, IN
Posted 1 day ago
The responsibilities for the Default Ops Specialist include performing all the day-to-day activities related to the CWCOT (Claims w/o Conveyance of Title) process, and providing support to the Best Execution department.
CWCOT - The primary roles within the CWCOT function include providing a correct 2nd chance sale bid to our vendors at various auction houses, reviewing and executing purchase and sale contracts and returning them to the appropriate settlement closing agent. The position is also responsible for updating all system of records, and coordinating with the foreclosure claims department once a settlement has occurred and sale proceeds are received. The position will also coordinate with various departments required to make such a pool, including IT, Collateral Tracking, Property Preservation, Litigation, Bankruptcy and Servicing.
Essential Job Functions for CWCOT:
- Responsible for corresponding weekly FHA report to Vendors.
- Review Sales Contracts and Settlement Agreements.
- Processing of closing funds in system of record.
- Scan all documents related to listing and sales to EDMS.
- Work closely with vendor marketing.
- Work closely with Foreclosure Claims Department.
- Read and understand each individual contract.
- Initial contact with IT department to discuss HUD contract and information required to make initial selection of population.
- Review contract; put together a list of what is acceptable and what is not and code correctly.
- Initiate audit of files that may be eligible updating list constantly possibly adding loans but more than likely
- Removal of loans to keep the list current.
- Review job aide, revise when necessary to make sure content is current and relevant.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree from a Four (4) year College or University preferred
- Three (3) to five (5) years related experience in handling REO properties, filing of final insurance claims, reviewing listing agreements, sales contracts, Closing Disclosures and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Analytical and Problem Solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong decision making skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize tasks
- Microsoft Office experience and advanced Excel knowledge
- Strong work and business ethics
- Ability to effectively present information to management
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as legal documents, policies and procedures and financial reports
- Ability to effectively write reports and correspondence
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Proficient in computer skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, accounting, general ledgers, accounts receivable, accounts payable and e-mail internet software
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to handle high volumes in a fast paced environment
- Ability to meet critical departmental and insurer/investor guidelines with accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to build relationships with both internal and external clients/vendors
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Customer Service Relationships:
Assesses and diffuses problem situations and requires influencing others to reach consensus. Requires tact and diplomacy to handle difficult customer relationships. Explores alternatives and creative solutions to meeting the needs of customers.
Tasks are multiple and diverse with some interrelationship across processes. Work requires the direct application of a variety of procedures, policies and/or precedents.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Freedom Mortgage is a privately held, full-service residential mortgage lender licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. We are one of the largest and fastest-growing privately held mortgage companies in the country, as well as a top 5 residential lender in the USA. Freedom Mortgage currently services more than 225 billion dollars in loans. And we are continuing to grow! Freedom Mortgage is proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine’s, Inc. 5000 rankings for the fastest growing private firms in the nation for six consecutive years (2013-2018).
Freedom Mortgage has over 4000 employees and offices nationwide. Locations include suburban Philadelphia (we have multiple sites in Southern New Jersey) and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces (The Indianapolis Star named Freedom Mortgage at Top Workplace four years in a row). We also have large operating centers in Melville, NY; Jacksonville, FL; San Dimas, CA; and Tempe, AZ; and Columbia, MD
Freedom Mortgage team members enjoy our total rewards program, including excellent benefits, perks, business casual dress, rewards programs, training, development and career opportunities. Community spirit is one of our shared values and Team Freedom Cares is our philanthropic arm helping us get involved in the communities in which we operate. Learn more about us and apply!
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans