To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Swedesboro, NJ 08085
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
UPS Professional • Swedesboro, NJ
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Carrier Relations Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and managing the day-to-day activities associated with carrier performance. He/She analyzes and negotiates carrier contracts; inaddition to coordinating high dollar customer requests for quote (RFQ) among carriers. This position supervises specialists and administrative personnel within the department. The Carrier Relations Supervisor reports to the manager or supervisors.
Job Duties/Responsibilities and Skills
Provides Performance Reporting
- Develops performance metrics to manage the carrier quality improvement process.
- Generates operational, financial, and network performance reports to ensure the organization meets operational objectives.
- Maintains reporting systems to support the organization's direction.
- Distributes performance reports to appropriate parties to identify areas of improvement.
Provides Contract Administration Support
- Validates negotiated buy rates to ensure rates are incorporated into contract amendments.
- Monitors contract amendments to ensure amended contracts are loaded into the freight payment and network management systems.
- Maintains current and accurate contracts to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Monitors high value and high risk carriers to ensure compliance with UPS and Supply Chain Solutions (SCS) security procedures.
- Coordinates carrier selection activities to ensure approval is received from cross-functional teams (i.e., Security, Finance and Accounting, Risk Management, and Legal).
Conducts Operational Process Development and Compliance
- Drives process improvement for business units to decrease unit costs and improve productivity.
- Provides preferred carrier strategies to implement multi-modal solutions that improve compliance results.
- Manages contract administration to ensure carriers are in compliance with SCS security procedures.
- Develops performance metrics to conduct performance reporting.
- Establishes hazardous material and Transportation Service Administration requirements to ensure regulatory compliance.
Provides Costing and Pricing Information
- Provides pricing for system updates with buy rates to improve network costs through combination bidding solutions.
- Conducts customer and lane margin analyses to identify margin improvement opportunities.
- Optimizes multi-modal utilization to minimize unit costs by managing the mix of cargo types.
- Evaluates third party procurement application tools to ensure application functionality aligns with organizational objectives.
Supervises and Develops Others
- Determines employees’ training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
General Requirements and Competencies
- Applies Financial Knowledge
- Applies Supply Chain and Logistics Knowledge
- Coaches and Develops Others
- Generates Reports
- Negotiate Carrier Contract
- Access / Excel / Ariba
Bachelor's Degree - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity