The Hybrid Cloud Engineering team is a cross-functional group responsible for the advancement and support of the Blue Shield multi-cloud presence. The Senior Manager, Hybrid Cloud Engineering will report to the Senior Director, Hybrid Cloud Engineering. In this role, you will provide leadership, coaching, and management to a team of Cloud Engineers. You will guide this team as it adopts a DevOps approach in support of a larger product-oriented model across all portfolios. The nature of the work includes multi-cloud design, provisioning, and support. Our leadership model is about developing great leaders at all levels and creating opportunities for our people to grow – personally, professionally, and financially. We are looking for leaders that are energized by creative and critical thinking, building and sustaining high-performing teams, getting results the right way, and fostering continuous learning.
In this role, you will:
- Provide team leadership & management: mentoring and coaching, personnel/staffing resource management, budget management, and oversight of daily team responsibilities (design, provisioning, and operational support of cloud environments and workloads)
- Provide technical leadership to enable the team to support cloud environments and full product lifecycles: development, testing, deployment, and operational support
- Guide and promote the adoption of a DevSecOps approach (mindset, culture, and tooling/automation), GitOps practices, and Agile methodologies to achieve desired outcomes
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive environment that promotes knowledge sharing and continuous learning
- Help drive standards development and best practices for cloud environments, tooling & automation, and processes & procedures; influence strategy, roadmaps, and desired outcomes
- Model a strong sense of ownership and communicate effectively across a diverse set of stakeholders
At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in , Join us!
Your Knowledge and Experience
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Requires at least 7 years of prior relevant experience
- Requires at least 4 years of experience managing divers-functional technical teams
- Advanced understanding of Agile methodologies and DevSecOps practices/approaches
- Advanced knowledge of cloud environments (design, provisioning, and operations), computing, storage, and networking (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Advanced knowledge of version control tools, deployment/configuration management tools, and hands-on programming & scripting
Pay Range: The pay range for this role is: $ 145200.00 to $ 217800.00 for California.
Note: Please note that this range represents the pay range for this and many other positions at Blue Shield that fall into this pay grade. Blue Shield salaries are based on a variety of factors, including the candidate's experience, location (California, Bay Area, or outside California), and current employee salaries for similar roles.
- Agile Methodology
- Business Informatics
- Computer Programming
- Configuration Management