As an Operations Supervisor at Republic Services, you are responsible for the safety and well-being of the most important asset at our company - our employees. As a people leader, you will have the chance to solve problems, create opportunities and deliver exceptional service to our customers and communities. As a key member of the leadership team, you will both understand the big picture of where we are going as a company, while being hands-on in the day-to-day operation to make it happen.
What you will do:
* Attract, hire, lead and develop a diverse team of Drivers, Helpers, and/or Dispatchers.
* Prioritize safety through accident prevention programs, including accountability for safe behaviors, conducting safety meetings, and maintaining a safety focused culture.
* Optimize our business by creating, modifying, and improving routes to maximize efficiency.
* Gather and review customer feedback to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty to the Company Provide coaching, feedback, and exposure to challenging assignments for team members.
* Collaborate frequently with colleagues across departments, such as sales and maintenance teams, to ensure business and operational goals are achieved.
* Implement engagement programs to attract new employees and drive existing employee loyalty, satisfaction, and retention.
* Establish productivity goals where needed, ensure adherence to operating standards, and manage labor hours and expenses closely.
What you will need to be successful:
* Previous knowledge or experience of leading in a safety-focused environment preferred.
* Capacity to lead diverse teams of individuals to perform at their best.
* Ability to drive a company vehicle and work outside in all weather conditions.
* Ability to problem solve, use good judgment, and make sound decisions efficiently.
* Flexibility to adapt to changes as needed.
* Strong communication skills to interact with customers and colleagues with respect.
* A high degree of ethics and integrity to do the right thing in the right way.
* Comfort using technology (i.e., Microsoft Office, App-Based Software, Web-Based Software).
* Desire to help others and be a team player.
Why you will love this job!
* You will have the ability to make a positive impact on the company and team by creating opportunities for our colleagues to serve our communities at their best.
* You will get the chance to take ownership of important priorities and flex your leadership muscle.
* You will be a part of a team that has earned awards such as "Most Admired Company of 2021".
* You will stay active and engaged with your team, your customers, and our communities - shifting between office and field throughout the day.
* You will be provided all required PPE, including work boots and all-weather gear.
* You will work for a company that cares about you, with great benefits and offerings to keep you healthy, safe, and well.
* You will work alongside diverse colleagues who are committed to serving our customers and communities together.
* You will be given the chance to provide feedback in our inclusive culture, through regular interaction with leadership and our confidential employee experience survey.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Microsoft Office