To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Overland Park, KS
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Netsmart • Overland Park, KS
Posted 9 days ago
The Netsmart Engineering Leader is responsible for productivity and delivery of web-based development programs for assigned products. They hire, develop and coach associates on an ongoing basis. Engineering managers monitor operational activity, report on progress, and take corrective actions to ensure adherence to engineering plans and deadlines. They will exhibit team ownership and responsibility while instilling trust, providing direction and making decisions. As Netsmart leaders, our engineering managers are looked upon to rise above daily operations and be a strategist to success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a fully high-functioning and accountable engineering team.
- Strong Project Management Focus
- Reviews business operational objectives, business requirements, product strategies and related technical specifications. Provides input into department goals, strategies and budgets. Provides input to resource selection for projects and project teams.
- May interact with customers on an assigned area.
- Effectively and routinely identifies, gathers, manages to, and reports on operational metrics and status. This is including but not limited to: queue churn, trending, resource utilization, risk assessment and mitigation, project initiatives, and department-related data elements.
- Identifies need for and drives change in our engineering processes.
- Defines the engineering budget for assigned team and is accountable for it.
- Documents performance, writes, and conducts performance reviews. Includes obtaining input from other resources. Takes corrective action when needed.
- Continuously improves skills/knowledge of programming languages, tools, department standards and development industry practices.
- Learns broader product knowledge for assigned product.
- Improves knowledge of extended healthcare industry and terminology.
- Recommends improvements in internal processes.
- Maintains knowledge of industry and department standards, company policy and procedures, and employment regulations
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Must understand general programming standards, operating systems, workflow cycles, development life cycle, and terminology.
- Requires a general understanding of business operations, business terminology, and business communications.
- 3+ years programming leadership experience building web based enterprise software products leveraging Java & SQL, or specialized training combined with experience.
- Must demonstrate an ability to see the broader picture of impact of developed processes.
- Must understand development industry standards and practices.
- Must be able to demonstrate individual and team work effort in collaborative processes.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming
Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft Word – advanced level
- Microsoft Excel – advanced level
- Microsoft PowerPoint – intermediate level
- Microsoft Outlook – advanced level
- Microsoft Project – beginner level, preferred
- Microsoft Exchange – beginner level, preferred
Technical Skills Preferred
- Java – Familiar through reading and/or introductory-to-intermediate courses required, including reading and writing simple code and developing simple processes.
- HTML – Familiar through reading and/or introductory-to-intermediate courses required, including reading and writing simple code and developing simple processes.
- Microservices Framework – Familiar through reading and/or introductory-to-intermediate courses preferred, including reading and writing simple code and developing simple processes.
- Object-Oriented Programming – Knowledgeable of an object-oriented language (JAVA, C#). Has done project work using code. Has good working application/experience. Can apply principals to multi-process applications. Generally 1-2 years.
- Public Cloud – Familiar through reading and/or introductory-to-intermediate courses preferred, including reading and writing simple code and developing simple processes.
- PostgreSQL – Familiar through reading and/or introductory-to-intermediate courses required, including reading and writing simple code and developing simple processes.
- DevOps – Familiar through reading and/or introductory-to-intermediate courses preferred, including reading and developing simple processes.
- Requires the interpersonal skills to interact and collaborate with wide variety of internal personnel. May interact with outside customer or mentor less experienced developers.
- Requires the ability to work independently and self-initiate to develop, troubleshoot, meet department deadlines, and learn industry and products.
- Requires the verbal skills to probe and ask questions to ensure understanding of requirements, participate in teams, and communicate technical issues to non-technical personnel.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret technical documents and write a variety of business and technical documents. May include doing presentations on team activities.
Netsmart provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at Netsmart will be based on performance, qualifications, abilities, education and experience. Netsmart does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Netsmart complies with any applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.